Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Need to cancel flight. What are my options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold

We were all set to fly to LA for a trip to Disneyland and now my wife has decided that she does not want to go.

I purchased a First (P) class ticket for my self and got her ticket using my miles.

What are my options for canceling these tickets?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2014, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by 3StarsFoodie
We were all set to fly to LA for a trip to Disneyland and now my wife has decided that she does not want to go.

I purchased a First (P) class ticket for my self and got her ticket using my miles.

What are my options for canceling these tickets?

Thanks
As a PM, you can get the miles back with no fee if it's more than 72 hours before travel. For your "P" fare, I believe you can get the credit amount minus any change fee for use on another ticket within one year of the scheduled trip date.
Old May 6, 2014, 5:47 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
rwoman is correct. Miles can be redeposited without fee. Your P fare (depending on rules) can be canceled and a credit issued less the change fee (usually $200 for domestic). Your credit will be valid for one year after the original ticketing date (when you first purchased your ticket).
Old May 6, 2014, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Best bet is to cancel and redeposit her mile ticket as mentioned as there is no fee for PM... just make sure you do it before T-72hrs or else you lose the entire thing.

As for yours, might as well go and have fun instead of paying the $200 penalty
Old May 6, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
If your trip is not for a while, you can always hope for a schedule change big enough (is it 90 minutes?) that will let you cancel and get a full refund.
Old May 6, 2014, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
If your trip is not for a while, you can always hope for a schedule change big enough (is it 90 minutes?) that will let you cancel and get a full refund.
Beyond that, one can hope for massive thundershowers on the day of travel and wait for a cancellation or lengthy delay right up to the check-in deadline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.