Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Skymiles 2015 looks good to me

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
It is interesting to watch what is basically a private conversation between two people that is open the the public.

Nothing like the internet to increase the crowd watching!
No, no. It is extremely important and relevant to go into a multi page argument about something only tangentially related to the original topic of the thread. It is essential to make sure that one wins every argument on the Internet.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
It is interesting to watch what is basically a private conversation between two people that is open the the public.

I was thinking the same thing. I have nothing to hide but I don't understand why goose wants to keep hashing this thing out as it seems to be going nowhere.

I had a flashback to Usenet 1996 with this thread.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by yohanson

I was thinking the same thing. I have nothing to hide but I don't understand why goose wants to keep hashing this thing out as it seems to be going nowhere.
I really just want you to answer the one question that has been asked multiple times over several pages.

Really. I want to understand your line of thought is all.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT

Especially a conversation that isn't even really about them, but someone else! To me, if StuckonSegments' employer and clients are okay with the "high" fares that he or she is paying for flights, then why should it matter to anyone else or be anyone else's business?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Especially a conversation that isn't even really about them, but someone else! To me, if StuckonSegments' employer and clients are okay with the "high" fares that he or she is paying for flights, then why should it matter to anyone else or be anyone else's business?
And goose turned into all about me. W T F. Perhaps Goose needs to be audited.

BWAHAHAHAHA
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by gooselee
Fair point. But it's also possible that OP simply met the MQS requirement before he hit the MQM requirement (this was my case for when I made FO and GM on segments). When I made FO, I hit 30 segments with only 22k MQM, but finished the year at 45 MQS and 32k MQM, so I still had 7k rollover.
You're just making the point that you don't get how qualifying as a DM based on segments works. FO, GM and PM are different, especially FO, because of the lower number of flights needed per the miles needed to qualify at that level. It is very, very, very unlikely that a segments qualifier, especially one who identifies himself as such in his screen name, met the mileage requirement. This is backed up by his year to date numbers. Assuming consistency, he will reach 102k MQM when he renews DM this year. For many of us, it's around 80k. I would assume he had no rollover, as is likely the case for most of us who qualify on segments.

It is, in fact, the reason the new system works so well for those of us who qualify on segments. It's not just you. Most people on this board do not realize how different it is for us, which was the point the OP was making to begin with.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl

It is, in fact, the reason the new system works so well for those of us who qualify on segments. It's not just you. Most people on this board do not realize how different it is for us, which was the point the OP was making to begin with.
I have come to realize that it is very possible that someone would spend so much on 3 week out short hop if it were to the same or similar destination. And, If you go back and search my posts I was always a proponent of segment fliers. I spent over $1K with no status to STL by my admin on 3 days notice in 2008 on NWA. NWA shortly there after gave me Silver Elite. I was one of them that turned to MR/VR to up my status because I'm just that way. But, I think DL fupped duck in the new program. 11 RDMs/$ is not what I would like to see as a DM. I'd be fine with 13 or 14.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
And goose turned into all about me. W T F. Perhaps Goose needs to be audited.

BWAHAHAHAHA
Lol. Really, this has been a pretty entertaining exchange for me. I've had a good laugh at most of your responses.

So I can take it that you're not going to ever answer the question, right?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Fair point. But it's also possible that OP simply met the MQS requirement before he hit the MQM requirement (this was my case for when I made FO and GM on segments). When I made FO, I hit 30 segments with only 22k MQM, but finished the year at 45 MQS and 32k MQM, so I still had 7k rollover.
You're just making the point that you don't get how qualifying as a DM based on segments works. FO, GM and PM are different, especially FO, because of the lower number of flights needed per the miles needed to qualify at that level. It is very, very, very unlikely that a segments qualifier, especially one who identifies himself as such in his screen name, met the mileage requirement. This is backed up by his year to date numbers. Assuming consistency, he will reach 102k MQM when he renews DM this year. For many of us, it's around 80k. I would assume he had no rollover, as is likely the case for most of us who qualify on segments.

I completely get your point and agree. I was just saying that it is mathematically possible to qualify on segments, even for DM, and still later end up with rollover.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:31 pm

Lol. Really, this has been a pretty entertaining exchange for me. I've had a good laugh at most of your responses.

So I can take it that you're not going to ever answer the question, right?
What question? You keep asking tons of questions. How about you post your itineraries this year and how much you paid?

I shop around and purchase the lowest logical fare that fits my needs. I have had no issues of meeting the spend requirements for the past 4 years although last year was close (I didn't travel for 2 1/2 months straight but still made the DM requirements.). I think you doth protest too much.

BTW, isn't it the middle of the day where you are at? It's 12:30 AM where I'm at an I'm about to go to sleep. Too many things to see!!!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
I completely get your point and agree. I was just saying that it is mathematically possible to qualify on segments, even for DM, and still later end up with rollover.
While I mostly think you have "won" your battle with yohanson, you have lost the war with your failure to let it go.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by scottsam66
While I mostly think you have "won" your battle with yohanson, you have lost the war with your failure to let it go.
Just keep in mind that the OP nor goose ever posted where they have flown this year and I did!!!

Goose will be chiming in later tonight but a true Usenet trooper would have waited until tomorrow.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What question?
Hahahahahhahaa....nice dodge there.

Originally Posted by scottsam66
Yeah, I know I should've dropped it a while ago, but getting the sideways responses has been a bit of fun, actually.

We've been house/babysitting for my brother the past few days and this little conversation was providing some good entertainment during naptimes and when Mrs. Lee was out late for girls' nights. Beats a lot of the stuff on TV these days.

Thanks for the laughs, yohanson! ^^
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime

What I think is even more interesring is that so many of us follow along these conversations which I woud not say are not really all that interesting. (I am not trying to pick a fight with this comment I am just wondering aloud why I waste so much time reading these posts. I have a friend who likes to eat cold Spam from the can and I can't figure that out either.)
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Originally Posted by Air Houston
What I think is even more interesring is that so many of us follow along these conversations which I woud not say are not really all that interesting. (I am not trying to pick a fight with this comment I am just wondering aloud why I waste so much time reading these posts. I have a friend who likes to eat cold Spam from the can and I can't figure that out either.)
Cold Spam,,mmmmmmm,,,trying to let his inner Hawaiian out.

What is also interesting is I got more response to a simple observation on this thread than a topic I start asking how to track segment MQD. Priorities!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.