Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta quit upgrading until you can deliver basics.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

ATL A center concourse Sky Club

3 devices none of which can connect to wifi but the staff 'thinks' it must be my fault. Beverages served in plastic throw away cups. All in all not impressive.

I don't care about coming upgrades. Deliver the basics first.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM HH Gold Marriott Gold IHG Spire
And I have $450 that I would like to spend to renew by club membership that expired Sunday, but I can't buy it.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Moved to another club and everything works. Gee I guess my devices fixed themselves as I walked through the airport (Sarcasm intended!)
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:21 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Moved to another club and everything works. Gee I guess my devices fixed themselves as I walked through the airport (Sarcasm intended!)
Yes that is exactly what happened :-)
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Just like all the pax who preboarded on wheelchairs and walked off the plane at destination
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Alleluia it is a miracle !
Technology fixing itself without human intervention !
What is the matter with Center "A" Club folks can't call technical support - oh
that is right it is a service call to India !
Wonder what would have happen at the "F" Club portal to the beyond ?

So much for the enhanced $450 (now $695) membership !

For some it would better to just simply buy the daily pass and come out
ahead of the curve (almost 14 daily visits annually) !
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I agree with your points but for me I would have chosen to stick it out as A center-point is one of the few tolerable clubs in ATL. Concourses T and C are the only other ones where I can usually find an open seat. And so far they haven't been "enhanced" with the ugly and cheap looking white and blue plastic.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
Just like all the pax who preboarded on wheelchairs and walked off the plane at destination
nothing can stop this. i have worked in the teavel industry implementing ADA rules and basically, if a customer says they are disabled, then they are disabled.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Silver, DL Million Miler
Reminds me of the time I was vacationing in Netherlands and iphone wouldn't receive my e-mail. Long time on phone with tech who insisted the phone was fine but e-mail provider was flawed.
I got on train and crossed into Belgium and INSTANTLY the phone was healed (new service provider in Belgium!) as all of my dozens of e-mails instantly loaded.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I agree with your points but for me I would have chosen to stick it out as A center-point is one of the few tolerable clubs in ATL. Concourses T and C are the only other ones where I can usually find an open seat. And so far they haven't been "enhanced" with the ugly and cheap looking white and blue plastic.
Unfortunately I had to get on line for some work and had forgotten my wireless card so.... off to B (which I hate!)
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:02 am

Unfortunately I had to get on line for some work and had forgotten my wireless card so.... off to B (which I hate!)
Now we know the real reason you were so upset...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emrdoc
Now we know the real reason you were so upset...
Actually the tacky plastic glasses were the final straw. Apparently if you PAID for premium you got glass but the folks too cheap to pay get plastic LOL!

At B I got real glass

And I much perfer to use wireless vs my card as the card is really slow and won't work on anything but the laptop.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by squatch
nothing can stop this. i have worked in the teavel industry implementing ADA rules and basically, if a customer says they are disabled, then they are disabled.
And then, by gum, they need to use a wheelchair at the destination. Unless they're traveling with their physician who examines them on the plane and issues an "all cured" card.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
And then, by gum, they need to use a wheelchair at the destination. Unless they're traveling with their physician who examines them on the plane and issues an "all cured" card.
I love "Miracle Flights"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.