Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Clubs -- what will May 1 and beyond really be like??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Clubs -- what will May 1 and beyond really be like??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
It is beyond me why anyone would go to the LAX club, as it is a dump, yet I find myself in there often
I resemble this comment, and we are sitting in the LAX Sky Club now. Crowded, dirty and in the middle of rehab work. What a mess.

We had a 4 hour layover. The club should be about 4 times this size for the number of visitors in house now.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by number21
I resemble this comment, and we are sitting in the LAX Sky Club now. Crowded, dirty and in the middle of rehab work. What a mess.

We had a 4 hour layover. The club should be about 4 times this size for the number of visitors in house now.
I should also add the staff is excellent.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by ellis01
Yes, I absolutely miss the cube farms. No way in heck could I get comfortable in one of those box chairs. (I think LAX has a small work area with like 6 seats behind the reception desk, but it's always full)
Nope, that I gone now.....
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by FitTraveler
Because you haven't met anyone who lives in a trailer park!
Easy there; that's a key Budweiser demographic.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Forgot to post this earlier this week -

SLC on Monday afternoon (11-12pm) was as busy as I've ever seen it. There was literally no seats in the entire club (for those that have been to the club - even the back left area past bathrooms was packed, rarely see that). Men's bathroom was out of soap and paper towels. Whole club looked like a bomb went off - suitcases everywhere, no room to walk. I ended up leaving for the (less crowded) gate.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
I was in the MSP club near the F/G gates yesterday evening. When I was checking in, there was some excitement among the desk agents. Two of them grabbed cell phones and headed toward the restrooms. I heard a comment that someone must have made quite a mess in there...yuck.

I didn't think much more of it. I grabbed a cocktail and started taking care of some work emails. I was sitting on a barstool at the long high table that overlooked the lower level of the club. I turned back to head to the food area when I saw someone from janitorial services walking from the restrooms to the kitchen door. He was carrying a plunger that was dripping water and left a substantial puddle within 10 feet of the food service area. I was rather disgusted and decided against eating anything. Lost appetite.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Nope, that I gone now.....
It also looks like the work area at the FLL club is gone as well. I thought there was a worked counter area that was divided off and used like cubicle work stations but they were gone. I really hate FLL's skyclub doesn't have their own WIFI and you have to depend on the free airport Wifi, when it isn't down it's usually even slower than a typical SC's wifi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.