Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Having Trouble using PMUs from US to DUB. What chance upgrade clearing on Waitlist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Having Trouble using PMUs from US to DUB. What chance upgrade clearing on Waitlist?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
First time trouble using PMUs, US to DUB. What chance upgrade clearing on Waitlist?

As a long term Platinum always got to burn my 6 then 4 certs on M class fares to and from Dublin. Always a low BE load on these routes.

However have not managed to find a date so far this year when I could get a guaranteed seat from ATL/JFK-DUB.
Have a flight back on 22nd May which currently shows 13/26 open.

Anyone know percentage changes of getting the upgrade?

PS I thought it was a big loss losing by 4 certs from next year, however they are not much use if I can't use them

Last edited by IRISHFLYER1; Apr 7, 2014 at 2:22 pm
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: DL DM PM
ATL-DUB is an easy UG. Very few J seats sold, lot of non-revs.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
ATL-DUB is an easy UG. Very few J seats sold, lot of non-revs.
I always cleared my upgrades at time of booking. First time in over 10 years that it hasn't.
Just wondering if things had changed in 2014.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'd be shocked if you don't clear. The DUB flights always wind up with a lot of op-ups, at least the ones I've been on. I've been the beneficiary at least once
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
I always cleared my upgrades at time of booking. First time in over 10 years that it hasn't.
Just wondering if things had changed in 2014.
I've cleared at the gate before 2014, but you're right that it's unusual for this route. Let us know if you get the UG.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I've cleared at the gate before 2014, but you're right that it's unusual for this route. Let us know if you get the UG.
Will do.

It would be a first for me in a long time in the back of the plane, coupled with the lost of 50% MQM bonus on M class and the total lost of upgrades means I will be shopping around once my 4 remaining certs go

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.