Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion
Award Booking Question

I am a platinum medallion and looking to book a flight to VCE. Recently my friend transferred 125k MR to his account but is now unable to take a flight he had planned. He has offered to book my flight as I am a little short of miles at the moment. My question is if he books the award for me do I still get my platinum benefits? Award / redeposit? I want to be able to move my flight up a day if availability opens up and want to make sure that I have the same flexibility as if I booked it myself. Otherwise I will bite the bullet and transfer some of my own MR to top off my account.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
As for free changes and redeposits, no, those are based on the account the miles are redeemed from. It doesn't matter who is traveling.

You would be entitled to other Platinum benefits, such as checked baggage allowances, lounge access, upgrades for any domestic segments, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.