Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KE or DL in Y to Asia?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Your whole body says KE! It's really going to be much more comfortable. Forget about the miles.

Bruce
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by PeteyNice
Thanks for the responses everyone! My heart says KE but my head has a hard time letting go of 25,000 RDM.
My brain also says DL. Maybe my heart says the same, too.

KE Y is overrated with tiny portion of food and weird meal timings in flight (second meal on ATL-ICN comes way too early). No air conditioning system for each seat. Not a US standard inflight entertainment system. Weird seat selection system and I always end up sitting in the middle seat in the longhaul. Why? KE opens seat selection only 2 months ago and I forgot to select seats on time. By the time I reminded it up (let's say 1 months before flights), all seats are gone. Exit rows are in the end taken by all those non-eiltes. DL would make more sense to you. If you want to try KE, you can take when you redeem your miles in the future. You'll take KE anyway within Asia.

However, 45-minute transfer in ICN from DL to KE is pretty tight.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by Orion316
This.

Your best option is to get on a DL coded KE flight, but sometimes those are 2x the price.
Do you get MQM on a non-Delta/KLM/AF operated flight??

To OP: Think of it this way: If you are getting 25K miles for flying the Delta metal, and add $125 fare difference, then the opportunity cost for flying KE is over $300.

For this $300, you get an edible Korean meal ($20 or less at a sit-down Korean restaurant), very slightly more comfortable seats for ~13 hours, and few young Korean ladies smile at you a few times (free at ICN airport duty free shops!). How much is a comfortable seat for 13 hours worth to you?

Last edited by chunky649; Mar 5, 2014 at 10:20 am
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by chunky649
For this $300, you get an edible Korean meal ($20 or less at a sit-down Korean restaurant), very slightly more comfortable seats for ~13 hours, and few young Korean ladies smile at you a few times (free at ICN airport duty free shops!). How much is a comfortable seat for 13 hours worth to you?
I think double connection means a lot in terms of time saved.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
delete
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: DL PM, 1.1MM
Originally Posted by chunky649
Do you get MQM on a non-Delta/KLM/AF operated flight??
I am pretty sure if it's DL marketed (i.e. bought as a DL code share) you get MQMs
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:11 am

Simple decision - KE. Better food, seat, entertainment, service and ambiance. All round, KE has a better product in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.