Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The end of service recoveries by SC agents?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The end of service recoveries by SC agents?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Meal vouchers and hotel are standard as far as I know... Since the first VDB I took from NW in 2000.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Interesting, never knew meal vouchers were a part of the VDB...
We'll then you got bit by some news to know.

VDBs coming with cash/payment voucher and/or hotel accommodation and/or ground transportation and/or meal(s) has been happening for decades. Sometimes it starts with one or more of these items and then later gets revised to more for one or more reasons. And sometimes the customers are told one thing but then given less than agreed to by the customers.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by GUWonder
We'll then you got bit by some news to know.

VDBs coming with cash/payment voucher and/or hotel accommodation and/or ground transportation and/or meal(s) has been happening for decades. Sometimes it starts with one or more of these items and then later gets revised to more for one or more reasons. And sometimes the customers are told one thing but then given less than agreed to by the customers.
Interesting that you contradict your argument by saying and/or...

On an IDB / misconnect. Yes.
On a VDB missed the part where it's a GUARANTEED part
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
On a VDB missed the part where it's a GUARANTEED part
Anytime I've accepted a VDB resulting in hanging back at the airport through a meal-time, I've been offered a Meal Voucher. Last one I took from LGA the GA was offering the VDB Voucher, Two $10 Meal Vouchers, and Ground Transport to JFK.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Option 1: interminably long line at some service desk on the concourse, where you are just another face.

Option 2: much shorter line in Sky Club, where staff recognizes that you paid or flew one hell of a lot to get into that line.
At Delta's hubs, at least, the concourse service desks typically have separate Sky Priority queues. I understand that not all Sky Club members/guests are Sky Priority eligible and vice versa, but I would guess that the populations have a fair bit of overlap.

I don't mean to suggest that in-club service isn't a huge perk of membership, but sticking to the concourse doesn't necessarily entail interminably long lines, either.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Although only loosely related, I'd like to share an experience I had in December. I was given 600 in VDB compensation and when I inquired about a meal voucher, the red coat said, "How about another 100$ voucher instead?" to which I obliged and cheerily went on my way
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Last September, I was stuck at NRT from a delayed UA flight. UA footed the bill for the hotel and meals (very late dinner and breakfast). I did note, however, that 1k and GS were treated a little better (no lines for the rebooked next-day flight - called out our names and walked them over to us, and we got more on the meal voucher than did the other passengers). Maybe DL is different??? I hope not, since I'm flying DL several times in the next few months. As to the current thread: I had thought that IDB got food and hotel (if needed) without having to ask. I do know that DL meal vouchers for simply delayed flights out of NRT are very low-value (like Y 1000 = $ 9.00) for the prices the airport vendors charge (about the only thing possible are noodles).
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:33 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Interesting that you contradict your argument by saying and/or...
There is no contradiction in my post. "and/or" is no contradiction -- especially as things are not historically static and uniform within the airline or within the industry and as passengers' circumstances' vary.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Bad that Delta has (perhaps) taken the IRROPS customer service function
away from the agents in the SC.
Nice to go thru one line and get all the attention VDBs and service needed
rather than to jump thru multiple hoops and miss some thing like a meal
voucher or something else.
Which brings up a point - If the flight you were on featured a meal then a
meal voucher should be expected. If not a meal voucher should not be issued
but then read on:
A First/Business class flight may have a meal and it would be fair game to
receive the voucher. As for a coach flight - unless it is one involving a long
itinerary where a meal is served complimentary instead of purchased then
that too would be game. It may very well be what time of the day/night the
IRROP occurs. Be that as it may - as for including a meal voucher with a
hotel voucher well come on Delta; you just gave away a hotel room for your
distressed passenger what would be the problem adding a peanuts meal
voucher for a small fraction of the distressed passenger rate that you have
negotiated with the hotel.
Whether Delta is sincere about treating its distressed passengers with some
degree of concern will be remembered well ! The threads and posts here at
Flyer Talk pretty much state that overwhelmingly !
Seasoned travelers would expect that cheap service from the likes of an air
carrier operating on a shoe string budget and not from a carrier noted for its
Southern Hospitality and making money hand over fist with fees !
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Wow, if you can confirm that what you say is happening often, be sure & alert the airline every time it happens. Or just post it here, there are enough people here who are employees and/or friends thereof & can pass along for appropriate follow up.
It's not. It's one of those myths. It's quite closely tracked and has been for years at DL. It's the classic i didn't get the upgrade they gave it to someone else whom did not deserve it attitude. It's not reality in most cases.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
As I've previously stated in a few other threads, this was going to be an issue with meal vouchers and travel vouchers. Not directly related to the SC, but meal vouchers are effectively gone from the service recovery tool box. Now, we get pizza party or subway sandwiches. Quite honestly, $10 didn't cover much at the airport, but it was still a nice chunk of change off of a meal because of DL incompetence.

I would rather Delta give meal vouchers vs upgrades to non status customers that fill first class. Very annoying and happens often. Customers with status don't receive upgrades due to GA being nice and upgrading non status customers due to bad weather. Not talking about customers with mech. issues. Should be a rule they can't do that!
Just curious as to what you're talking about. Not that this has anything to do with this thread, but in my over 750k miles in the last 2ish years, I've never seen a thing like this.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Still no one answers the question. Are you saying the SkyClub being unable to issue food vouchers degrades the value?
If a service can no longer be performed by the SC, then of course it reduces the value of the SC. Seems elementary, Watson.

I've always gotten meal vouchers for any overnight VDB.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Last week, a person in front of me in line for a hotel was told it was either the room or food, but not both. I didn't hear what status, if any, he held.

When it was my turn I didn't ask about food because I knew it was going on the company CC.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
You're annoying.
I applaud your use of you're correctly.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If a service can no longer be performed by the SC, then of course it reduces the value of the SC. Seems elementary, Watson.

I've always gotten meal vouchers for any overnight VDB.
Color me confused. How is the removal of a food voucher from all points of contact (not just at the SC) with a DL representative considered a SC devaluation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.