Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The end of service recoveries by SC agents?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The end of service recoveries by SC agents?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
No brainer: a service point is removed = less value @:-)

how much less value would be the question -

Less value = much less value?

I was discussing the verbose hyperbole of "much less valuable".

The skyclub is supposed to be a place to go during a layover with WiFi to connect and "quiet" place to have a cocktail and snack.

People lose none of the ADVERTISED value of the club if they can no longer issue a $5 meal voucher in a delay situation. Heck, it's probably the trolls here (not calling anyone in particular, obviously, as I do comply with the FT TOS) who go club to club for food vouchers during a delay that doomed that option for all of us.

DL has quite obviously cut back compensation offering and I would bet this is one piece of it. Whispers at MCO were that they were stopping offering $$/miles on delays all-together...

Originally Posted by roknroll
Seems you are so eager to jump down MSPs throat you misread the statement? She just stated an opinion based on the OPs observation. She qualified it with *if its true* and gave her thoughts on skyclub value.
No. I'm quite adept at reading and game theory as well. Simply adding "If this is correct" to a statement doesn't give oneself liberty to make hyerbolic statements without backing it up.

BUT it does help pad one's post count without adding anything valuable to a conversation @:-)

Though I do tend to hold Talkboard members to a higher standard than normal peons.

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 5, 2014 at 10:49 pm Reason: Removed unnecessary attempted bypass of the profanity filter.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Aren't meal vouchers automatic? Whenever I have a delayed flight, scanning my boarding pass on one of those "Need Help" scanners spits one out.

As for SkyClubs no longer handling service recoveries, what's the point of having a separate ticketing desk at the ATL clubs then? They were still there a few days ago. Or if they're only banned from handing out hotels, that means they can handle flight rebooking in the event of IROPS but you have to wait in a different line for hotel vouchers?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by realjd
Aren't meal vouchers automatic? Whenever I have a delayed flight, scanning my boarding pass on one of those "Need Help" scanners spits one out.
That used to happen, but I had a mx delay of about 20 hours in early January at DTW and never got a voucher.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Vuelos
No. I'm quite adept at reading and game theory as well. Simply adding "If this is correct" to a statement doesn't give oneself liberty to make hyerbolic statements without backing it up.

BUT it does help pad one's post count without adding anything valuable to a conversation @:-)

Though I do tend to hold Talkboard members to a higher standard than normal peons.
You're annoying.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by roknroll
Seems you are so eager to jump down MSPs throat you misread the statement? She just stated an opinion based on the OPs observation. She qualified it with *if its true* and gave her thoughts on skyclub value.
Let's be honest about that member's long history in these forums of proclaiming many things she experienced once or twice as FACT. Things that turned out to be one-off service failures, rumors, or simply nothing. @:-)
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Strange situation here in DTW today. I took a VDB on a DTW-BUF flight (RJ carrier) and scored $600 + a night at the Sheraton. When I asked for meal vouchers the red coat said it was either the hotel OR the meal vouchers...not both.

I asked agents in two SC's; the main A club as well as the B/C club. They said they cannot handle ANY Service Recoveries anymore. No more issuing of hotel vouchers, no more meal vouchers. Both agents said the changes became active last month.
So you were offered compensation; accepted it...then went to two SC's and tried to renegotiate (e.g. cheat) on the original deal? Don't be surprised that you got busted. VDB compensation is automatically noted in your PNR. It's quite possible the agent also entered remarks as to what you agreed to. So when you tried to "double dip" they caught you. How exactly is this the SC's fault?

Moral of the story: Deal or No Deal. Don't think you can take one deal and then renegotiate it later to your liking.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Back on topic of service recovery: When I'm in an IROP situation the last thing on my mind is a few bucks towards a meal, it's all about getting to where I'm going. Speaking of: Kudos to the XXX club agent the other day. Kiosk check-in showed no issues/delays but club agent said, oh, your (time) flight has been delayed out of (destination), I'll go-ahead & (re-arrange) your data for the (other time) flight. Got home just fine w/out starving. ^

(Blame other posters' NSA conspiracy theories for why I don't say which crown room was helpful in my situation.)
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Man. Some of you are so caught up in your law and order blinders you just don't get it. Clearly you have very little experience with VDBs.

There was no attempt to cheat. There was no attempt to game the system. A meal voucher has always been part of a VDB. I'm simply asking others if there's been a change in policy in which case I know "the deal".
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Man. Some of you are so caught up in your law and order blinders you just don't get it. Clearly you have very little experience with VDBs.

There was no attempt to cheat. There was no attempt to game the system. A meal voucher has always been part of a VDB. I'm simply asking others if there's been a change in policy in which case I know "the deal".
Interesting, never knew meal vouchers were a part of the VDB...
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Interesting, never knew meal vouchers were a part of the VDB...
Maybe not officially but I've never heard of anyone being denied the request. And in the 10 years I've flown NW/DL I've never been denied the request.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:39 pm

Maybe not officially but I've never heard of anyone being denied the request. And in the 10 years I've flown NW/DL I've never been denied the request.
When was the last time (other than today) that you tried?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I have always been given meal vouchers.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Same here. When my JFK-ATL flight was delayed I missed my my flight going home. When I checked into the Sky Club the agent immediately handed me a new boarding pass for the next morning, a hotel voucher, and two meal vouchers (one for dinner and one for breakfast).
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Same here.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I don't take the VDB very often, but on my IAH-DTW last year, I was given a meal voucher...$8 perhaps?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.