Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Many flights to/from LGA tomorrow cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite, SpaceX Lunar Elite

I just got the dreaded call that my flight tomorrow from CMH-LGA was cancelled. I checked out flight aware to see there were two Delta and two AA all tomorrow morning cancelled (with the respective LGA-CMH reverse routes also cancelled). I took a peek at a few other airports and noticed they had early morning LGA flights cancelled. What's the scoop? If it's not weather is this due to expected heavy traffic with flights out of TEB due to the Super Bowl? Did Justin Bieber cause my flight to be cancelled?!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
There is supposed to be weather coming through tonight. Delta issued a winter weather waiver already. My LGA-BNA flight tomorrow was cancelled. I'm flying out tonight in an attempt to avoid the Super Bowl crazy.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: Delta , Hilton (Diamond), Hertz (gold), AA (plat)

I'm currently on DL 1996 from msp-lga...shockingly we are leaving on time but the captain just informed us that we may end up in PIT if the weather gets worse while we are in flight!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you actually bother to look at the weather forecast before assuming it's not the weather ?? There's a weather waiver out by the way -- http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...r-weather.html
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
Did you actually bother to look at the weather forecast before assuming it's not the weather ?? There's a weather waiver out by the way -- http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...r-weather.html
It is currently snowing heavily in Manhattan and we may get up to 8 inches in NYC. @:-)
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:33 am
Suspended

I have never seen so many travel waivers as this winter season. Looks like there is one every week!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:20 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I can't imagine traffic to/from NYC is very heavy on a Monday and it's not like they have big events there in the dead of winter that would cause more passengers than usual ....
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
LGA's is on a ground delay program (GDP) due to snow/ice. Current average delay is 253 minutes (or over 4 hours). They're also currently on a tier 1 groundstop (GS), so it will get worse when they cancel the GS and revise the EDCTs (Estimated departure clearance time, aka "Wheels Up" time).

If I were going to NYC today, I'd take the weather waiver and save myself a lot of trouble. It's going to be a very messy day there today. More cancellations sure to follow.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by Beckles
I can't imagine traffic to/from NYC is very heavy on a Monday and it's not like they have big events there in the dead of winter that would cause more passengers than usual ....
I wonder how many Superbowl extra sections had to be cancelled due to the WX...
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
It is currently snowing heavily in Manhattan and we may get up to 8 inches in NYC. @:-)
Snowing through 4pm EST today. Another hit coming Wed and much higher Snow fall forecast next Sunday, woohoo!!!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta , Hilton (Diamond), Hertz (gold), AA (plat)

Got in about 80 minutes late...left msp ok so spent much of the time in holding
Now getting from lga to manhattan will probably be worse!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Sitting in MCO waiting to depart. Flight was originally 10ish. I CDC'D from the 3:45. Orig flight shows 2 hour delay. I may end up departing around my original time.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Perfect timing to get all of the visitors out of NYC after the Super Bowl!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Ouch time! Hope the weather will get better soon. I'm afraid that you are stuck at home.

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I have never seen so many travel waivers as this winter season. Looks like there is one every week!
Oh, wow! Unbelieveable, huh? I don't believe it. They will reissued the ticket for next future trip. Hope the weather will get better soon. Lucky for me that I didn't go on the trip. I haven't flying for 3 months since I went to BSL. I felt sorry for those people who stuck at airport.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by HDQDD
I wonder how many Superbowl extra sections had to be cancelled due to the WX...
Yes, probably they will cancelled the flight. Due to the weather. Hope they will get better for next couple days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.