Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Priority, CLEAR & PreCheck Integration at MCO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL exDM MM

I was at MCO to pick up a friend last night and observed that the integration is now complete.

PreCheck is in the same place, the far right side of the security entrance. Immediately to the left of PreCheck is CLEAR. And next to CLEAR is the Priority lane (shared with WN, et al).

I chatted with the CLEAR rep who told me integration happened 2-plus weeks ago and that the PreCheck and Priority lanes tend to get very long at times. This should be a good arrangement for CLEAR if the non-CLEAR elites get to watch the CLEAR members breeze through the credentials check...
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Yes but the time saved is only @ the credentials check... Then everyone gets dumped together along with many more of our unexperienced ketlles.... I miss the days of efficient Pre-Check...
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Yes but the time saved is only @ the credentials check... Then everyone gets dumped together along with many more of our unexperienced ketlles.... I miss the days of efficient Pre-Check...
I agree. Forgot to mention that at 7:30 PM the WN side of security was packed. Several lines of 30-plus pax waiting. The DL side was empty (only the PCP lanes open). Many pax being turned away by the Priority lane gate keeper.

PCP = Priority CLEAR PreCheck
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by captiveguru
This should be a good arrangement for CLEAR if the non-CLEAR elites get to watch the CLEAR members breeze through the credentials check...
If you live at a CLEAR airport, yes. If you don't, CLEAR still lacks the breadth of airports to justify the hassle.

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I miss the days of efficient Pre-Check...
Same.

In the last few months, I've seen my fair share of people taking things out of their bags and taking off shoes, etc. while in the precheck line.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
If you live at a CLEAR airport, yes. If you don't, CLEAR still lacks the breadth of airports to justify the hassle.
I have mixed emotions. I want CLEAR to succeed but I do not want it to become overrun like PreCheck. BTW - The hassle of joining CLEAR is minimal. Much easier than GE. Of course you need to see value in paying $179 per year. I departed from CLEAR-serviced airports at least 20 times in 2013. I guess that makes my cost less than $9 per trip.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hhonors Diamond, Intercontinental Plat, Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star, National Exec
So sad that effective Pre-Check is now gone. It was a life (and sanity) saver at MCO. Now it is full of clueless travelers who tend to give me nasty looks when I, nicely, tell them to leave their stuff in their bags and their shoes on.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by oupiglet
So sad that effective Pre-Check is now gone. It was a life (and sanity) saver at MCO. Now it is full of clueless travelers who tend to give me nasty looks when I, nicely, tell them to leave their stuff in their bags and their shoes on.
I have learned to just pass the kettles. @SEA on Saturday, more people set off the magnetometer than didnt. I say if they set off the slarm, send them to secondary. Don't play the back and forth game.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta SM
Good to see Clear has cleared out of the previous setup where they paraded their guests thru the middle of crowded security lines.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Clear is a scam. You provide biometrics unnecessarily for the theatrics of what is a glorified cut in line pass.

I've never seen a line at the MCO Delta-side PreCheck, and I'm confused what you mean by integration. Clear is not a trusted traveler program. The FC/elite and Clear lanes may be the same but PreCheck is routed differently because the FC and Clear lanes still go through regular TSA security protocols.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by realjd
Clear is a scam. You provide biometrics unnecessarily for the theatrics of what is a glorified cut in line pass.

I've never seen a line at the MCO Delta-side PreCheck, and I'm confused what you mean by integration. Clear is not a trusted traveler program. The FC/elite and Clear lanes may be the same but PreCheck is routed differently because the FC and Clear lanes still go through regular TSA security protocols.
I agree, I have never seen more than 5 pax in the the MCO DL-side PC credential-check line. But I fear the time is coming when that will change (and the CLEAR rep indicated he has seen 20-plus people in the PC line).

CLEAR members who are PC-qualified will be diverted to the PC x-ray/mag station after clearing the credentials check. CLEAR and TSA use the term "integration" for this protocol. It has been active in DEN for several months. CLEAR members who are not PC-qualified will be merged into the Priority lane after credentialing.

And yes, CLEAR is all about cutting in line.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Last 4 trips out of MCO (home base):

-30+ people in PC lane (flew out on a Thursday afternoon)
-1 person in front of me (flew out on a Friday morning)
-2 people in front of me (flew out on a Thursday afternoon)
-0 people in front of me (flew out on a Monday late afternoon)

That 30+ was when PC was no longer "normal". Since then though, it has been smooth. For me anyways.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stylo4444
Last 4 trips out of MCO (home base):

-30+ people in PC lane (flew out on a Thursday afternoon)
-1 person in front of me (flew out on a Friday morning)
-2 people in front of me (flew out on a Thursday afternoon)
-0 people in front of me (flew out on a Monday late afternoon)

That 30+ was when PC was no longer "normal". Since then though, it has been smooth. For me anyways.
Let's see what happens now that WN is participating...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by realjd
+1

Here's hoping they go belly-up again for what is hopefully the final time.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
+1

Here's hoping they go belly-up again for what is hopefully the final time.
Why would you want a business to fail?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
I arrived into MCO this morning and was passing by the security lanes on my way to baggage claim when I noticed the Pre-Check lanes being about 20-25 people deep.

TSA agent was explaining how it works to passengers in line, but it was a mix of business travelers and older travelers. I stopped to just watch for a few minutes, the hold-up was mostly the older travelers. Slow to remove carry-ons, looking terribly confused, and taking off their shoes. TSA agent had to advise them on not taking off their shoes, but people were not exactly listening. There were also a few kids (in line which I have never seen before, no older than 8 yrs old) traveling with family. That certainly didn't help the situation.

I have 4 more trips before the end of 2013, and this is the busy travel period. It will be interesting to see how it goes at MCO. Last few trips have been very lucky with hardly anyone in line, but I have a feeling that is changing.

How is this expedited again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.