Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

To the DL employees working on Thanksgiving: Thank you!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To the DL employees working on Thanksgiving: Thank you!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by N639DL
Not true. That was changed earlier this year.
I know they got 7(?) PPT days but what do they get for holidays?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Ready Reserve employees at DL do not work full time? Correct? I do not know, I am asking?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:47 pm

Independence Day 2016 was the first holiday on which Ready Reserve frontline employees were paid double time. RR employees earn double time if they work on the holiday, whether regularly scheduled or not, up to the duration of their normally scheduled shift. If a RR's usual shift is 4 hours, then max holiday pay would be for 4 hours. But if the RR's usual shift is 6 hours, then he gets 6 hours of holiday pay.

There are a bunch of extra enhancements to the RR program that were announced this month. Holiday pay is relatively old. (Ready Reserve employees are technically non-permanent employees who can work a maximum of 1,400 hours per year.)

I'm not certain, but I'm confident that Delta's RR employees are now/still the most highly compensated frontline part time employees in the US industry. And they don't have to pay union dues.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:11 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Posting this on my flight to the West Coast to see my family. Thank you to all of the Delta employees who are working today, especially those directly involved with my travel so I can spend the holiday with those I love;. ^
hhdl and ryw like this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Thank you, Delta staff! You’ve flown me over 70000 BIS miles this year, including on some difficult trips, like going to see my grandmother before she died. Thanks to all working today!
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
A friends flight from JFK-BOS was delayed ~4 hours because of no 1st officer....great job Delta scheduling!
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
A friends flight from JFK-BOS was delayed ~4 hours because of no 1st officer....great job Delta scheduling!
That sounds like one of the Delta Connection carriers......I have had that happen numerous times on them....last time they did not schedule a flight attendants for a particular flight.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is DL still providing the special holiday meals for employees working Thanksgiving (and Christmas) at hubs and other major airport stations?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is DL still providing the special holiday meals for employees working Thanksgiving (and Christmas) at hubs and other major airport stations?
The sure did. Had a delicious plate during my sit in the FA lounge yesterday :-) it was my only thanksgiving dinner and much appreciated! I know the pilots and ground staff had food provided as well.
MSPeconomist and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
That sounds like one of the Delta Connection carriers......I have had that happen numerous times on them....last time they did not schedule a flight attendants for a particular flight.
Nope it was mainline DL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.