Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HOOU On Phone?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

HOOU On Phone?

I was curious what the policy is on the Have One On Us vouchers. I have only used a few of them and typically I have shown them right on my phone. The FA's have typed the number in on their pads and I've been good to go.

On my last flight, the FA stated that she has to have a physical copy of the voucher.

Which is true?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I suspect that they have no documented policy, so practically speaking the FA makes up the policy on the fly. To be safe I always use a hardcopy.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
how do you get the HOOU coupon through the phone app? this would be a great feature but i've never seen the coupon when I do online check in via iphone app.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by mridley2
how do you get the HOOU coupon through the phone app? this would be a great feature but i've never seen the coupon when I do online check in via iphone app.
I'm guessing the HOOU isn't on the phone app, but on the browser on the phone.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Ive always logged in to my home computer (LogMeIn) or used my laptop to check in to get the voucher, then emailed it to myself.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
You can print your boarding passes to a PDF file and then send them to yourself, then just open them when the FA comes around with the beverage cart.

YMMV, though. In my experience, FAs are more likely to either look at the coupon and wave it away or just look at it dumbfounded and wonder what to do with it. I've never had one actually try to scan it or type in a number, which is nice, because then you can use it again.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eturowski
You can print your boarding passes to a PDF file and then send them to yourself, then just open them when the FA comes around with the beverage cart.

YMMV, though. In my experience, FAs are more likely to either look at the coupon and wave it away or just look at it dumbfounded and wonder what to do with it. I've never had one actually try to scan it or type in a number, which is nice, because then you can use it again.
Thats what I usually do is email the PDF to myself. Have you tried to use the voucher again on the same flight with the same FA? lol
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jcarpenter
Thats what I usually do is email the PDF to myself. Have you tried to use the voucher again on the same flight with the same FA? lol
Ha, no. I will use them on both legs, though!

Also, when applicable, I always make sure to print my BP once before I SDC and once after. The HOOUs have different bar codes.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:33 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I always make sure to print my BP once before I SDC and once after. The HOOUs have different bar codes.

Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
http://boardingarea.com/deltapoints/...rink-on-delta/

And yes, if it does not scan, just ask the FA to key it in with the code deal done!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:53 pm

Can we get the Mannings to do a HOOUOYP commercial?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Platinum, National EC

I too print to PDF and show it on my phone. In the three times I've done this, twice the FA just looked at it and gave me my drink. On my flight on Friday night, he moaned a bit, but was able to scan the bar code.

Like others have said, probably no official policy and there is nothing in the fine print that says it has to be a paper copy.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
The one and only time I asked if the image of my coupon was valid the FA said "No".
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I've had them scan it in, type it in and wave it off. Just depends on the FA. have not had one refused yet.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by thesaints
The one and only time I asked if the image of my coupon was valid the FA said "No".
Next time they say that tell them: Guess this crew is not going to "Strive For Five"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.