Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Where has Delta put you up during IRROPS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where has Delta put you up during IRROPS?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Never stayed on Delta's dime during IROPS - but for an oversold bump I have been at the Holiday Inn near the old IND terminal and a Holiday Inn FLL airport which prior to the new HI Express now open on US 1 was quite a distance away.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I recently experienced a lengthy mechanical delay at MDW that would have seen me mis-connect and and spend the night in DTW. Since I wasn't in a rush, I re-booked my flight for the next night with the Diamond desk and secured a voucher for a well-known downtown Chicago hotel from the gate agent. Much, much better accommodations than the airport hotel she initially offered—all I had to do was ask.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Best: Westin DTW

Worst: The on-property $hithole airport at MEM...think it used to be called the Clarion.

Have also stayed at the Holiday Inn MEM and Marriott MEM. And the MEM WC agents were the best....always giving me a nice NW voucher when I'd misconnect the final bank of flights for the night out of MEM.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The Sheraton attached for FRA was quite nice in my IRROPS out of SVO. SVO-JFK was cancelled so got rerouted SVO-FRA with an overnight in FRA.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If you don't like the first hotel that Delta gives you tell the agent that you have been blacklisted from XYZ properties. Repeat until you get the hotel you desire.
Wouldn't you be embarrassed to say you were blacklisted from a hotel chain?

What do you have to do to get blacklisted from a hotel chain? I only know one person who has been blacklisted. He was a personal injury lawyer who repeatedly sued a particular chain for something unsafe about their standard swimming pool setup that injured people.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by flyerslc
I stayed at a motel once courtesy of Delta that was definitely a crack ho-tel near the airport. More recently, they put us up at a Comfort Inn sort of place that was OK but was about a mile or so away.
Definitely? What were the crack prices?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Howste
Most of the time Delta has put me in a decent brand - Hilton or Marriott & the like. Earlier this year in Moline, IL they put me in a complete dump.
I love the reviews. Is this true? What other hotels rank higher then this gem in Moline, IL. I don't want to look it up, as I would be getting cookies for my possible visit. Moline, IL. How was happy hour? I bet Hank Williams was rocking all night long on the jukebox... Let me guess until 11PM (9pm on weekdays).

This hotel looks great. 5* in my book.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Wouldn't you be embarrassed to say you were blacklisted from a hotel chain?

What do you have to do to get blacklisted from a hotel chain? I only know one person who has been blacklisted. He was a personal injury lawyer who repeatedly sued a particular chain for something unsafe about their standard swimming pool setup that injured people.
Well, I've never been blacklisted from a hotel but I'm great at thinking on my feet so I'm sure I could think up a good excuse. One of the most entertaining reasons I've heard of why someone was blacklisted from a hotel comes from a writer named Tucker Max. He had quite the incident in the lobby/restroom of an Embassy Suites.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
In July due to weather delays in NY my flight from YYZ to DTW connecting to LGA was canceled (last flight of the night) so they put me up at the Sheraton hotel right in the Toronto airport plus dinner voucher and breakfast voucher. Because of crossover rewards and diamond status the hotel upgraded me to the executive floor. The dinner & breakfast spread were awesome compared to the US executive floors. Needless to say delta took good care of me. Side note: I know they were about to not give me a hotel until she saw I was diamond and mentioned to the other gate agent "he is HVC" and they proceeded with the voucher.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:41 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
DL has been good to me here so no complaints. For ATL, once stayed at the Hilton, another time at the Ren. LAS was Embassy Suites and it was okay. Can't remember the hotel at CVG but it was also decent.

Best part, got status credit for all the stays. Make sure you give the FDC your number. ^
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Best part, got status credit for all the stays. Make sure you give the FDC your number. ^
I got put up at the Westin Atlanta Airport and didn't get status credit for my stay even though I gave my number at check-in. I didn't think that this was possible for a voucher.

Best hotel I had wasn't IROPS, but my wife and I did get to stay at the Sofitel at London-Gatwick on Delta when we took a VDB a few years back. Had lunch, dinner, and breakfast vouchers (something like 200 GBP total) plus $1000 Delta vouchers each (LOVE the EU!). Also got bumped to BE the next day at check-in...this was before I started reading FT and realized that I should've negotiated BE as part of the VDB package.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not Starwood given the crossover program?
I would agree that going forward it is more likely to be Starwood properties if available.

Once had A Marriott in Cleveland on COs dime - never on Delta.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Delta-Diamond
They wanted to put me up in the Days Inn in Detroit. I told them no thanks and stayed at the Westin.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Several Decembers ago my wife and I were flying direct MUC-ATL. Flight was cancelled because of unusually bad winter weather expected in ATL and we were re-scheduled for the next day. But DL really came through: without even having to ask or call, we were both upgraded into BE, and DL reimbursed us for one night at the Munich Airport Kempinski.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kettle1
I love the reviews. Is this true? What other hotels rank higher then this gem in Moline, IL. I don't want to look it up, as I would be getting cookies for my possible visit. Moline, IL. How was happy hour? I bet Hank Williams was rocking all night long on the jukebox... Let me guess until 11PM (9pm on weekdays).

This hotel looks great. 5* in my book.
This place took two hours to bother to send someone to pick us up. They must have waited for all of the IROPS people to be ready to go. When we got there they couldn't check us in and had to call someone in to make keys for us. The flight was cancelled around 8:00 pm, but with their delays it was close to midnight when I got into my room. The TV must have been at least 13". There were Elizabethan paintings and velvet wallpaper on the walls. I'm sure it was a nice place 30 years ago.

There was a Hampton Inn across from the airport parking lot. After waiting for the first hour I checked on availability there, but they were booked full by then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.