Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta forces ExpertFlyer to remove Elite Upgrade availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta forces ExpertFlyer to remove Elite Upgrade availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Who's gaming whom now?

Restricting information is so 2012, and it doesn't work.

Originally Posted by javabytes
Just wait...

"Yes, Mr. Javabytes, I understand you'd like to know if there is any upgrade inventory to use your systemwide upgrade certificates on Flight 123, but I'm afraid I can't tell you that until AFTER you purchase your $4,000 M fare and actually attempt to use the SWU."
. . . when you'll be told you're waitlisted. Your position on the waitlist is not available at this time, but will be available on delta.com, just as soon as the SWU's can be booked on-line.

Originally Posted by Ti22
Purchase eligible tix, call-in and apply certs. Not available, cancel/refund within 24hr rule. Resulting in a crazy Amex statement and details to keep track of but what other option is left?
"Recently our upgraded IT softwhere noticed that over one million AmEx refunds were going out each day. We sat down and thought about it. To enhance our industry-leading gamer treatment, SWU's will be deemed used and cannot be redeposited."--not an actual announcement. Yet.

This EF imbroglio is just sad. Who's gaming whom now?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by timmy83
Note the following critical information in here.

EF is showing N availability on DL flights, which is completely new. Indicates to me that either someone crossed some wires at DL, or that EF has a whole new (and nice) DL functionality.
+1. So far it's only N (I tried searching for R and O and EF isn't turning up anything), but regardless this looks like an interesting development. If EF adds R and O (dare I wish for RD/OD or NM/NG/NP/NT as well?), I would be happy to give up RP/OP in exchange.

I checked several the accuracy of EF's N availability on several flights, including the MCO-RDU example above, and found it to match delta.com. ^
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by lamont2718
+1. So far it's only N (I tried searching for R and O and EF isn't turning up anything), but regardless this looks like an interesting development. If EF adds R and O (dare I wish for RD/OD or NM/NG/NP/NT as well?), I would be happy to give up RP/OP in exchange.

I checked several the accuracy of EF's N availability on several flights, including the MCO-RDU example above, and found it to match delta.com. ^
What is N? I need to book TPAC here soon and would like to know if and when OP is available without spending hours on the DM line. Leave MNL Nov 29 return December 21-24. Connecting thru ATL, JFK, or DTW in that order. B fare is$3170, Z is$5600, big difference.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
All the award fare classes are explained here: http://www.kvstool.com/FAQ.php#DL
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by craig44485
What is N? I need to book TPAC here soon and would like to know if and when OP is available without spending hours on the DM line. Leave MNL Nov 29 return December 21-24. Connecting thru ATL, JFK, or DTW in that order. B fare is$3170, Z is$5600, big difference.
Isn't N low coach award space?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't N low coach award space?
Yes
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Is there ant where else I can find OP on DL besides EF or the DM line?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by craig44485
Is there ant where else I can find OP on DL besides EF or the DM line?
No
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pete4212
That availability you see on DL.com is listed as 40k miles r/t, which means it's at the Standard level, not Saver level which is what N is. As there is no Saver economy award availability, EF would be correct to show no N availability. Make sense?
Actually, I still see the Saver awards on Delta.com, but they are only available when I am logged in as a DM. Would those "DM-only" Saver awards still book into N class?

(And thanks for the condescending response)
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Deemus7
Actually, I still see the Saver awards on Delta.com, but they are only available when I am logged in as a DM. Would those "DM-only" Saver awards still book into N class?
DL elite award inventory comes out of different classes, N is non-elite inventory. So N would match what you see when you're not logged in.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Deemus7
No, that would be NT. See http://www.kvstool.com/FAQ.php#DL
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pete4212
DL elite award inventory comes out of different classes, N is non-elite inventory. So N would match what you see when you're not logged in.
Originally Posted by lamont2718
No, that would be NT. See http://www.kvstool.com/FAQ.php#DL
Wow, you learn something new everyday!

And my apologies for the snarkiness of my response last night. That's what happens when you peruse FT after a few too many glasses of wine!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:14 am

RP and OP displays vanished in the past few days for me, too. EF's silence on this topic is palpable. Why can't EF indicate if this is due to an issue on their end, or something from Delta. If it is the latter, then all of us SkyMiles Elites can send complaint emails to Delta and post on social media. While it is rare, Delta has already backtracked on a few of their policy/process changes that have adversely impacted Elites.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by frozentundramn
... Why can't EF indicate if this is due to an issue on their end, or something from Delta. ...
Welcome to FlyerTalk! I refer you to posts #31 and #36 in this same thread.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
RP and OP still not working and no word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.