Wiki Posts
Search

flight schedule change problem

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
flight schedule change problem

Delta changed my departure for my upcoming trip leaving and arriving 3 hours later than originally scheduled. This is not acceptable as I have to be at my destination at a certain time. When trying to change the flight online, it wants to charge me $200. according to the rules and their web site this change should be free. how do i go about not paying $200?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by rd7242
Delta changed my departure for my upcoming trip leaving and arriving 3 hours later than originally scheduled. This is not acceptable as I have to be at my destination at a certain time. When trying to change the flight online, it wants to charge me $200. according to the rules and their web site this change should be free. how do i go about not paying $200?
What happens, when you call Delta?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Haven't had a chance to call yet, will do so tonight as I can't call from work. Was hoping to do this online and avoid calling
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Haven't had a chance to call yet, will do so tonight as I can't call from work. Was hoping to do this online and avoid calling
In cases like this, you need to call DL.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
DL's online functionality sucks in this situation. Drop your hopes and call. Be prepared to tell the agent exactly the flights you want. The change will be free. However, if you MUST be at your destination at a certain time, as you said in your OP, I suggest going as early as possible, maybe even the day before. You may need to play phone roulette to get an agent to give you the day before for free, if you can get that at all.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by kipper
In cases like this, you need to call DL.
^

The point I wanted to make.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
...and if all else fails, you may have the option of a refund and book a new ticket on a different airline, but that should be a last resort unless fares haven't gone up since you booked.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Before calling DL, check schedules and decide what you want. Look also at current fares; if the price for a new ticket you want would be lower, you have the option of taking a full refund without paying a fee.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. When something can't be done online, call, call & call. The online system will charge a change fee. The call center won't.
2. Before you call, do the research and be prepared to tell the CSR exactly the flights you want. It's not worth the cost of the call (which is free) to complain that the change doesn't work unless there's something which does work.
3. You also have the alternative of a full refund to the original form of payment.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
True. Get all info before you call from DL.com. Look at the flights you want and be prepared to give the Rep Flight #'s and times.

This happened to me on a upcoming MR flight next weekend (DL changed my flights)
When I called. I gave the Rep all the info of the flights I wanted. She said it will be "Free and No Charge" to me because DL changed their schedule.

She said whenever DL changes the schedule there will never be a charge to passengers. States always to call and never go online to change flights.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:56 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
OP, did you call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.