Wiki Posts
Search

"Changes coming next Spring"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
"Changes coming next Spring"

Speaking to a regular FA I see and she mentioned some changes are coming next Spring "for a better first class experience"

She wouldn't say too much and I didn't dig but I did state my desire for unlimited UG's to be K+ only and she smiled.

MQD and potential K+ only UG's. Times are a changing, for the better IMHO.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, jeez. You ascertained this all from a "smile". The vast majority of FA's probably don't even know what a 'K' fare is (let alone would they be provided knowledge about future changes in the domestic upgrade program). Sorry, but I'll take your speculation with a large grain of salt.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:38 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dean1121
Speaking to a regular FA I see and she mentioned some changes are coming next Spring "for a better first class experience"
Well, of course she couldn't say anything! How could you possibly expect a regular FA to know something about the fancy, special, top secret cabin on the other side of the curtain?

What-da-heck is a "REGULAR" flight attendant?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Oh, jeez. You ascertained this all from a "smile". The vast majority of FA's probably don't even know what a 'K' fare is (let alone would they be provided knowledge about future changes in the domestic upgrade program). Sorry, but I'll take your speculation with a large grain of salt.
Completely agree. The average FA has no clue what is going on in this area. They would be one of the last to know. And, I guess why would they need to know. It has nothing to do with their area of the company.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
Amen.

Delta once offered upgrades only on K+ and it worked for them for a long time but it would put them at a major competitive disadvantage today and that is the only reason that it changed from before.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:49 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
One FA told me Richard was retiring and they were bringing in mersk862 to run the company.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Maybe they're actually getting some actual decent fri**'in BEER again.

Blue Moon? I can actually drink that stuff - - it is like being in a kind of beer holding pattern before an actual beer landing.

Heineken? Don't get me started.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Vuelos
One FA told me Richard was retiring and they were bringing in mersk862 to run the company.
Hmmmmm . . . . . And how would that work out for the average FlyerTalker???

Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Nothing lasts forever.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL GE
Not this .... again...
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by davetravels
Hmmmmm . . . . . And how would that work out for the average FlyerTalker???

Probably a short boost
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by dean1121
I did state my desire for unlimited UG's to be K+ only
As a Diamond why would you care? No lower medallion on anything less than a K fare will ever be above you on an UG list, and if you want to buy K fares to feel better about your upgrade, you can. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Vuelos
Probably a short boost
So, I guess we're talkin' somewhere in between . . . .

Mersk passing out a few free Woodford drink coupons, and . . . .

SWUs being good on V fares???

Old Oct 2, 2013, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by SamOF
As a Diamond why would you care? No lower medallion on anything less than a K fare will ever be above you on an UG list, and if you want to buy K fares to feel better about your upgrade, you can. Am I missing something?
Well, hypothetically, if a DM purchases a nearly last minute ticket, and other DMs, PMs & GMs have already been UG'd on <K fares, those seats wouldn't be available for the last minute DM purchase.

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 2, 2013 at 10:02 pm
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:02 pm

I have a good friend who is a long term (30+ years) FA on NW/DL and I'd be surprised if she knew what kind of airplane she was on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.