Wiki Posts
Search

VA seat assignments on DL award

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
VA seat assignments on DL award

My wife and I have an award coming up in a couple weeks on Virgin Australia booked with skymiles. She has called VA repeatedly to get our seats assigned next to each other and while the agents are always helpful, the seats never seem to stick.

Anyone else have experience with this? I suppose we could call DL, but I feel like going to the operating carrier makes more sense.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Avis First, National EE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
My wife and I have an award coming up in a couple weeks on Virgin Australia booked with skymiles. She has called VA repeatedly to get our seats assigned next to each other and while the agents are always helpful, the seats never seem to stick.

Anyone else have experience with this? I suppose we could call DL, but I feel like going to the operating carrier makes more sense.
I've been having the same issue with seats not sticking, but I went to VA for the initial assignment and was told by DL that is who we need to keep going to. I don't know if it has anything to do with the change in departure from LAX (if you're on that flight) but I just check every week to make sure we're still next to each other.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Thanks for the response. Do you find that your seats remain the same each time you call, or they are different from what you expect?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:00 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Get your Virgin ticket confirmation numbers and go to the Virgin site. You can get that from Delta or Virgin
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Get your Virgin ticket confirmation numbers and go to the Virgin site. You can get that from Delta or Virgin
Not saying the VA site can't do it with the VA locator number, but it would not work for me.

I called VA within 3 months of departure, and got my seat assignments.

Between USA and Australia, VA flies a 777 with 2-3-2 seating in biz class.
You don't want to be stuck in that middle seat.

There is also a "secret" biz class row between the bar and the premium economy cabin. It can't be reserved in advance online, only at the airport or maybe by calling. However, you REALLY do not want to sit there because that's where they put the bassinets. (Unless you are traveling with an infant and need one.)
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by puddinhead
This worked for me as well.

Go to "Add or Update Travel Extras" -- a drop down menu listing, among other things, "Seat Selection".

I was able to select my seats, and those of a traveling companion on a separate itinerary, for travel in late February 2014. I'd imagine anyone in a premium cabin can select seats, while those in Y are likely restricted to a certain time-frame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.