Wiki Posts
Search

Maintain silver for redemption?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Maintain silver for redemption?

Unless I go out of my way (adding connections) to one or two upcoming trips to fly DL, i will not even re-qualify for sliver this year (moved to UA). Based on the limited DL flying i did this year, i am not that upset about the prospects of losing status (i took 3 trips with them this year).

I understand the "perks" i may loose, and those are not that large of a concern. However, I am sitting on a ton of skypesos and i may look to book a large trip next year to burn through a pile of them.

Does not having status limit my ability to redeem (i.e., more limited inventory, higher fees)?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
My impression, perhaps from the NW days, had been that the difference in reward availability only kicked in at gold or higher. However I found earlier this year in looking at tickets to Peru or Colombia that silver does bring improved availability in some cases.

The difference is probably not big enough to justify diverting flights to Delta to achieve silver. Higher elite levels bring more significant benefits, including further improvements in availability and more flexibility with award changes.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I was not aware that DL made a distinction. I remember this from NWA, but not heard of it at DL.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:28 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I think they only do for coach tickets
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:39 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I know for a fact that silver medallions do get favored availability, but you can get the same or very similar favored availability with a DL credit card (search this forum for a post started by me about this maybe a year and a half ago).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.