Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Wife and kids travelling tomorrow - no status, no seats!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wife and kids travelling tomorrow - no status, no seats!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Crossin Jordan
...I am PM and today booked 3 award tix today for my wife and 2 daughters (ages 7 and 9)...
...By the way, this is all for a crazy Taylor Swift concert tonight in BNA, so logic and value went out the door days ago.
^^
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
...so flying is the better value....
Only if you have an infinite supply of SkyPesos or value them at nothing. Even at mall prices you'd get a penny a mile return. So it's a $1200 trip at minimum, in my eyes at least.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:46 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
Only if you have an infinite supply of SkyPesos or value them at nothing.
Well, if you read enough posts on the DL forum, most people say that SkyMiles are worthless. So that is nothing new.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, AA, UA, WN, E+ Gold
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
Only if you have an infinite supply of SkyPesos or value them at nothing. Even at mall prices you'd get a penny a mile return. So it's a $1200 trip at minimum, in my eyes at least.
I've got 100k's of miles.
I've got 2 daughters.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Quote:

Originally Posted by HongKonger

Sure did. OP's later post said DLassist found them seats, but at first didn't say where--whether they were in previously unoccupied seats or not:

So there is absolutely nothing in my statement that would support a conclusion that I didn't read the thread. Maybe you are the one who needs to learn to read a little better.

You failed to include the quote I inserted into my reply there from the OP. I shall do it again:

Quote:

They are traveling tomorrow and there is almost zero open seats showing other than exit, EC, or premium.

To break it down for you (and ignoring the grammar):

"There is almost zero open seats showing" meaning the seat map shows most seats as occupied.

Now here is where it gets tricky. The OP throws the usage of "other than" to trip people up. Don't worry. It happens to everyone.

To tag onto that, "other than exit, EC, or premium". This tells me that there are plenty of seats available, especially in the premium part of the economy cabin. Seats available meaning no one sitting there.

Now you wrote, "Hopefully they didn't kick elites out of previously selected seats especially in EC but I'm glad they can sit together."

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
I find it amusing that the people who are the most condescending usually have the least justification for it.

OP said there were EC seats free. He didn't say ALL EC seats were free, or that there were sufficient contiguous free EC seats to accommodate his family. An agent MIGHT have moved one person out of his previously selected EC seat to put OP's family together. This has been frequently reported on FT, and nothing about that hypothetical falls outside the possibilities remaining given the facts OP had shared at the time of my post. Therefore once again it is not me but you who lacks reading and thinking skills.

If you're this much of a condescending Sarlacc in real life I feel sorry for those around you. Either way, further inane replies on this topic will be directed to /dev/null. Enjoy being insufferable.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL PM
EC seats purchased on this MD88 were 10A, 10B, and 10E - kiddies together and the mrs. opposite. Just texted me and said during boarding the man in 10C immediately got up to switch seats without her even asking.
He got a good deal on that one... 10C is the seat that gets bumped by every person walking by as well as rammed by the cart.

Glad it all worked out for you.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Enjoy being insufferable.
Lol. Most people appreciate my sarcasm. I can't help it when some people don't like being told they are wrong.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by mridley2
WFBF
No no. BCGF. Works most of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.