Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec, IHG Amb, SPG/Marriott Gold
Lounge access in BKK

Have looked all over but could not find a definitive answer... I will be flying BKK-NRT @ 5am. Planning on flying in from Phuket previous (late) evening and spending a few hours at a lounge. First of all, is that advisable? Second, what choices do I have for 24 hour ST lounges as DL Gold? Skyteam website says AF Sky Lounge and CIP but Delta site brings up KE and China Air lounges (plus CIP)! Who to believe and which one would the pros recommend? A shower would be a bonus...
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, HH:Diamond
lounges

I have used the AF lounge most frequently but also the CIP lounge and China Air. All are nice and to be honest I like to float between them - I like the food in the China Air lounge .
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Are your bags interlined? If not, the check-in counter for Delta doesn't open until around 1am-ish there, so you won't be able to head air side until then.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by dEagleS
Are your bags interlined? If not, the check-in counter for Delta doesn't open until around 1am-ish there, so you won't be able to head air side until then.
Louis Tavern, the operator of the CIP Lounges, also has an airside transit hotel that you could grab a rest in during your transit.

DL used to use the small Louis Tavern CIP Lounge at the junction of Concourses D, E, F, and G, a short distance from the AF SkyLounge. That little lounge frequently filled up. On my last DL departure from BKK, DL was using the much larger Louis Tavern CIP Lounge down Concourse G-- much more spacious, though the F&B wasn't materially better.

I agree with dEagleS: interlining bags is a concern. It would suck to have to go landside to deal with that when you could otherwise be catching 40 winks.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec, IHG Amb, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Louis Tavern, the operator of the CIP Lounges, also has an airside transit hotel that you could grab a rest in during your transit.

DL used to use the small Louis Tavern CIP Lounge at the junction of Concourses D, E, F, and G, a short distance from the AF SkyLounge. That little lounge frequently filled up. On my last DL departure from BKK, DL was using the much larger Louis Tavern CIP Lounge down Concourse G-- much more spacious, though the F&B wasn't materially better.

I agree with dEagleS: interlining bags is a concern. It would suck to have to go landside to deal with that when you could otherwise be catching 40 winks.
Uh-oh! I was expecting the counter to be open when I landed (10pm) from Phuket. Be a pain to have to stick around and wait until 1am! Any landside lounges I can use?? Novotel is an option but seems pretty expensive for 3-4 hours of sleep.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Since DL only flies BKK-NRT, out of Bangkok, once a day, they don't have counters open 'round the clock...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: DL FO
Let's say I'm not a STE+ and am flying J class from BKK-SGN on VN. What lounge will they give me access to in BKK?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by hoth300
Let's say I'm not a STE+ and am flying J class from BKK-SGN on VN. What lounge will they give me access to in BKK?
IIRC, I think I've seen the VN posterboard with the FA's in ao dai's outside the SkyLounge (owned by AF, used by AF/KL, KE, others). If so, that'd be it. If I'm wrong, it's whatever VN uses by contract.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.