Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which fare classes are eligible for miles upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which fare classes are eligible for miles upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Same with miles, its one 'upgrade' per fare component in a direction. So as you mentioned if that outgoing with stopover is on the same fare basis and it allows a stopover, it would only require 1 15K mile upgrade per person.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Not sure if this is the best place to post, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to search for O-class availability on KL. EF only shows availability for Flex awards, and I think O corresponds to a Classic KL award.

I'm trying to book a SFO-AMS-SFO trip and upgrade using miles, and the easiest routing is KL on their direct. But of course, DL isn't showing any availability for O, so if I wanted to book right now and upgrade I would have to book a Y-fare. DL routing isn't doing any better either.

Also, it seems like if the flight is on KL metal, the following fare and booking classes are needed:
M -> not eligible
B -> O
Y -> Z
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by pete4212
http://AwardNexus.com will also show DL award inventory (also screen scraped from the Delta.com award search) however unlike other tools it has a free version for FT members and no download required.
Not completely free. You start with 200 free "points", and get 100 "points" every 90 days added. Every time you search it costs points and more complex the search the more points it costs. Once you have used your 100 points you have to subscribe to use it.

The 100 pts is probably enough if you are a casual user, but if you do an automated email notification (only daily option available) you can use them up on one search easily before 30 days (4 points is my average search).

Last edited by BusTrav8yrs; Mar 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.