Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by dEagleS
Are these only JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX?
Yes, only JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, only JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO.
Domestically at least. There's the T-ATL routes as well.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Wow... Maybe it's just the pictures, but those seats look narrow. Especially the foot wells.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Wow... Maybe it's just the pictures, but those seats look narrow. Especially the foot wells.
Since they can't make the plane wider they have to fit two seats + footwell into the same space as the two current seats (maybe they can steal a little space from the aisle) so it wouldn't surprise me that things are narrow. Since, for the most part, the flights are shorter than TATL it's probably OK. Since the others on the TCON route are going flat bed DL pretty much has to, even if it makes for narrower seats.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
Thumbs up for this, although I tend to agree the foot wells appear to be very tight. Hopefully this is just bad rendering. And I actually like this better than JetBlue's; to me, sliding doors and wall-like panels only work well on twin-aisle aircraft. Otherwise, everything just looks crammed. But that's just my opinion ;-)

When all is said and done (shall we say late 2014?), the differences in the 4 airlines' transcon hard products may just be within 5-10% of each other. How will Delta further differentiate themselves? Chiarello? Least-disgruntled employees?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by wp_kid
Thumbs up for this, although I tend to agree the foot wells appear to be very tight. Hopefully this is just bad rendering. And I actually like this better than JetBlue's; to me, sliding doors and wall-like panels only work well on twin-aisle aircraft. Otherwise, everything just looks crammed. But that's just my opinion ;-)

When all is said and done (shall we say late 2014?), the differences in the 4 airlines' transcon hard products may just be within 5-10% of each other. How will Delta further differentiate themselves? Chiarello? Least-disgruntled employees?
Personally, with the option to sit alone with a sliding door vs next to someone, I would always choose alone, even if it seemed more cramped (unless of course I was traveling with someone I knew).

But I agree that between AA, DL, and UA all the J hard products will be very similar maybe with the exception of the color and material used on the seats. B6 will have the only different J hard product. One advantage AA and B6 will have is that they will be flying brand new A321s with a very slightly wider cabin.

It remains to be seen what the soft product will look like on B6 but otherwise this will have to be a major tool in differentiating each product. AA will be the only one offering a true F product and VX (if they're even still around) will be left well behind the pack. In terms of employees, I would guess UA would be at the bottom, DL and AA will be similar (hit and miss), and B6 will likely have the most friendly and interactive crews.

Finally, the ground experience is where DL will be simply embarrassing and far behind the rest (assuming things stay the same as they are now).
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Not a big fan of having to climb over somebody to get aisle access. Would much rather have seen a herringbone design similar to the triple-7 or something done to give access for window seats.

So many of these seats get sold (instead of giving away on free upgrades) that I wouldn't want to pay and get window'd in.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
Originally Posted by hoosiereph
Ugh. If they're thinking about using "SC Ugly" as the template for headache-inducing onboard decor, this might be the backbreaking straw that sends me over to WN.
I want nothing brought over from the SC either! Next they will introduce the Luxury Bar in F and BE
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Finally, the ground experience is where DL will be simply embarrassing and far behind the rest (assuming things stay the same as they are now).
In what way?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I'm actually sad to see the current TCON BE go. I really liked the era of cradle seats in F. They are the most comfortable for actual sitting and great for sleeping. With all these new lie flat seats, they sound great on paper, but they are neither good for sitting nor can you get a great sleep on them
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Since they can't make the plane wider they have to fit two seats + footwell into the same space as the two current seats (maybe they can steal a little space from the aisle) so it wouldn't surprise me that things are narrow. Since, for the most part, the flights are shorter than TATL it's probably OK. Since the others on the TCON route are going flat bed DL pretty much has to, even if it makes for narrower seats.
Almost think I'd rather have the cradle seats.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baccarat0809
Not a big fan of having to climb over somebody to get aisle access. Would much rather have seen a herringbone design similar to the triple-7 or something done to give access for window seats.
I'm a little curious why they couldn't do something like the 767s with staggered seating. Imagine a 767 without the center section, only the A & D seats...
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:45 pm

Whew! Delta can't nail me for this one. Whenever they think I've said to much, I get warnings.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by javabytes
I'm a little curious why they couldn't do something like the 767s with staggered seating. Imagine a 767 without the center section, only the A & D seats...
Delta could have, but then there would have been room for only eight seats, not sixteen. I don't think anyone but AA offers universal direct-aisle access in a narrow body aircraft. Even then, AA's three-class A321s offer it only in first class, not business class.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
It won't happen, but it would be nice if DL would run this on DCA-LAX.
AS and AA currently have the two LAX perimeter exemptions.

I would think DCA-LAX would be a good premium market. Maybe AA will eventually add it to their LAX flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.