Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Points (and not many)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Delta Points (and not many)

Hi all - I have 25,000 delta points and I am not sure I can even make one flight with that. I primarily use Southwest or British Avios points so I am not really looking to build these Delta Points anymore than what I have. Just want to make the most value of the 25,000 I have and be done with it. Thanks everyone!

Cheers!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
You can get a low mileage domestic award, but it is tough to find one. What about using them for an upgrade?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Well, they don't expire, so keep trying. You will find a 25K domestic round trip eventually.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by troyintn
You can get a low mileage domestic award, but it is tough to find one. What about using them for an upgrade?
I believe the OP would end up having to pay a full price econ ticket to be able to use miles to upgrade. That would be an expensive ride imo. I may be wrong on this, but the last time I looked this was the case. Best bet is to hold them and try very hard to find a single ticket for them or eventually add to the pile.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
You should be able to find a lot to do with these 25,000 points with a little flexibility.

I just booked a trip to DC using points. Good value for them too considering the $$ costs of the trip if I'd paid for it in dollars. I looked at using 25,000 points to go from ATL-ABQ but I decided not to take that trip just yet.

Other recent trips that I used points (25,000) on was from ATL-CMH ($400 RT Price Tag) and ATL-RSW (around $400 when I wanted to go).
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Do not try to find a way to use them.

Instead, every time you go to book a domestic ticket see if it is "free" on DL. Should work after a while.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Do not try to find a way to use them.

Instead, every time you go to book a domestic ticket see if it is "free" on DL. Should work after a while.
Not even close to helpful .....
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by travelingbob
Not even close to helpful .....
Why is that not helpful? I'm reading that as "don't go out of your way to try and find something, just check delta.com any time you are looking for a domestic ticket. As the miles don't expire, you'll find something at some point in time."

Seems like the most practical thing to do and therefore good advice. Maybe I'm missing something??
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:48 am

Use them to Alaska - often revenue fares over there are astronomical but award space is pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.