Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Possible to transfer DL to other programs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Gold, Wn CP, US Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle*, HH silver,
Question Possible to transfer DL to other programs?

I pretty much fly HA exclusively and had previously flown on DL only to Europe, but still getting HA points. Now apparently their relationship is ending, however I already have a flight to FCO booked on Delta for the period after the codesharing ends.

Is there anywhere I can transfer those miles? I do Marriott & Hertz for the most part.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Do you want to cancel the FCO trip? If you already used your miles and bought the ticket, the ending of the relationship shouldn't undo that. If you cancel the trip you'll pay the change fee plus you'll get miles credited back to the original program they came from.

It is possible to transfer miles between programs in a roundabout way. Find someone who wants DL miles and offer them miles from a different program, then both of you do a transfer. There are forums on FT to facilitate this. However this usually costs a lot of money to transfer a meaningful amount of miles, you have to give your account number and personal info to a stranger, and there is no guarantee that you won't run into something like a cap on annual transfer amounts or a dishonest trading partner.

So my advice is enjoy FCO.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Gold, Wn CP, US Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle*, HH silver,
Thanks HK,

I didn't use miles for the DL trip, used actual money (shudder) so thats where my desire to keep the miles I paid for comes from.

But alas, life is not fair!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
You might try crediting your FCO trip on DL to the AS program.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: SQ
There's always the coupon connection on FT. If you've got enough miles sitting around and someone needs them, you can make a trade.

Unfortunately, DL doesn't work with points.com transfers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.