Wiki Posts
Search

IROPS notification?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
IROPS notification?

I had a snafu last week where I suffered through two rounds of cancellations/delays due to weather.

I was notified after Flight 1 cancelled by e-mail and phone call that the flight was cancelled.

Alternate flight (which I rebooked onto myself via dl.dumb) was delayed 3 hours and then subsequently cancelled - but I never received any notifications of any form. I was lucky enough to catch the updates on DL.dumb as I was messing with seat assignments.

When I inquired with Delta about the lack of notice regarding changes to the rebooked flight they gave the normal obscure "we're sorry, we'll pass on to relevant dept, etc..." but then the reply also told me about being able to set up 1 time flight notifications.

It seems like DL trying to partially pass the buck back to me that their system didn't work to get me news of my flight delay and subsequent cancellation. I've not to my knowledge set up the flight notifications before - are these required to get timely notification of irops? I know my contact info is setup correctly because I found out very promptly about the initial flight cancellation.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I have found that beyond the initial reservations, changes will not generate phone calls. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.