Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Logan Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, PLAT MARRIOTT, GOLD *WOOD, EXEC ELITE NATIONAL, 5* Hertz
Boston Logan Airport

In about a year, UA will consolidate in Terminal B - leaving all of Terminal C to JetBlue and CapeAir. Delta and Alaska will remain in Terminal A. I've accidentally overheard a conversation between two gate agents when I was standing in line that DL plans an expansion in Terminal A once UA moves out. Anyone heard anything?

Considering AA/US merger, some slots out of DCA will have to be given up. I am curious if DL will make a bid for those and re-start BOS-DCA service once again. That would be great for me! Your thoughts?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Just a few minutes ago I posted asking if any of the existing DCA-MEM slots could be recast to DCA-BOS with the official MEM hub loss in Sept.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Haven't heard anything official yet... will talk with the BOS SC agents next time I have a chance and see if they know anything.

It could make sense if DL is adding flights to BOS, since the current arrangement is fairly heavily utilized during the day. Probably just speculation between the GAs at this point however. Only crappy thing is I doubt they'd re-open the SC space near security, so if you're leaving out of the near gates you have to walk to the satellite SC.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
When built Terminal A was to all DL. Then then the cutbacks after 9/11 and BK. The club on landside was a Crown room at one time. So it is very possible for DL to use BOS more and it was originally to have more flights over the pond as well.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
As a semi-frequent A1 and A10 gate departure, it would be great to have a SC on the security side for sure!
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
When built Terminal A was to all DL.
When originally built, Terminal A was all Eastern.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Reclaim Security-side lounge?

United is set to consolidate into Terminal B next week.

Has anyone heard anything about Delta reclaiming the lounge just outside of security?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by BearX220
When originally built, Terminal A was all Eastern.
However the original terminal was torn down so Delta could build a new terminal
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by jsbh
United is set to consolidate into Terminal B next week.

Has anyone heard anything about Delta reclaiming the lounge just outside of security?
According to all the local reports, Massport is looking at options and talking to various airlines about using the vacated gates in A, so it isn't clear whether this signals any expansion for DL. As for the club... The walk is what? Five minutes? Seems like a waste to keep both going.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pbarnette
According to all the local reports, Massport is looking at options and talking to various airlines about using the vacated gates in A, so it isn't clear whether this signals any expansion for DL. As for the club... The walk is what? Five minutes? Seems like a waste to keep both going.
Honestly, while I myself also depart out of A1 and A10 frequently, I just can't see them taking back the old UA club, especially since the A18 club is so big and isn't too far anyways.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:24 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by jsbh
As a semi-frequent A1 and A10 gate departure, it would be great to have a SC on the security side for sure!
I have access through Priority Pass; but never use it. But, then again, I'm almost always departing international on DL which is closer to the SkyClub (which I do frequent).

Originally Posted by pbarnette
It's actually a 5.5 minute walk. But, I agree. Situated near the majority of Delta gates + duty free + international gates. and, probably hard to justify two SkyClubs.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by dtwtransport
Just a few minutes ago I posted asking if any of the existing DCA-MEM slots could be recast to DCA-BOS with the official MEM hub loss in Sept.
When I flew DCA-BOS semi-frequently a few years ago, the flights were maybe half full and cost $150 round-trip the week before.

There's so much competition on this route, I can't image they'd re-enter it without a structural change in the market.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Honestly, while I myself also depart out of A1 and A10 frequently, I just can't see them taking back the old UA club, especially since the A18 club is so big and isn't too far anyways.
Unless you have well over an hour to kill, it is foolish to hike to the satellite club if your flight departs from the main terminal. I am hoping that DL retakes the main terminal club and finds a way to use several of those main terminal ex-CO gates.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
Slightly off-topic: For those of you who don't come through BOS frequently, the BOS SC agents are the absolute best in the system. Ramona is legendary, but I will say that Scotty is simply amazing. When I was going to BOM on business during the AF ATC strike and the ATL snowpocolypse, Scotty kicked complete ... in rescuing my trip. These women are superb at what they do.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 4:26 pm

So, mikehillwig made me finally using my account on flyertalk :-)

I totally agree. The ladys at the BOS SC are superb. You forgot to mention Rita, the bar lady. Is she still there?

To contribute something to the topic:
I do also not see a reason for Delta to maintain two clubs of this size in such close proximity.

//edit: I just noticed that it is my second post so I used this account once before mikehilwig's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.