Wiki Posts
Search

Economy Comfort & FF Benefit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Diamond Hilton Honors

Decided to remove the post itself. I agree the thought of it is ridiculous in retrospect. Thanks for helping me see the light.

Last edited by ILuvDisney; Jun 1, 2013 at 2:37 pm Reason: Inappropriate though
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

So you want to help your friend and her mother steal? Ok...

It might work, but once the FF number is changed back to the mother's non-status number there is always the chance the seat assignment could be undone by an equipment swap, DL's IT recognizing that the passenger isn't entitled to the seat, or DL's IT sucking in some random and unpredictable fashion.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
So you want to help your friend and her mother steal? Ok...
Umm... NOT ok. This is not only stealing services from DL, but also stealing opportunity from pax that might qualify or pay for the EC seat.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Couldn't the differing birthdate mess things up? DL IT is terrible, but is it that dumb?
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite, United Silver
You could gift her mother Gold Medallion status. Doing what you've suggested would put your GM friends SkyMiles account at risk of forfeiture as well as potentially risk legal action for theft. On top of that it's cheap and tacky. Tell her just to pay for the EC seat.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WWGuy
Umm... NOT ok. This is not only stealing services from DL, but also stealing opportunity from pax that might qualify or pay for the EC seat.
I completely agree. I didn't mean ok as in "I approve," I mean ok as in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qK4YOYY6pA
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by payingdues
You could gift her mother Gold Medallion status. Doing what you've suggested would put your GM friends SkyMiles account at risk of forfeiture as well as potentially risk legal action for theft. On top of that it's cheap and tacky. Tell her just to pay for the EC seat.
True, but it is extremely unlikely. It certainly is cheap and tacky though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.