Wiki Posts
Search

DL DM on KE???

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
DL DM on KE???

I've got upcoming segments on connecting fro DL to KE (1 DL segment and then 2 KE segments). I'll be the reverse on the return (2 KE then 1 DL). Does anyone have any experiences on how KE treats DL DM's on KE flights? TIA
Old May 31, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
You'll get SkyPriority benefits (biz check-in, early boarding, etc.) and lounge access, that's about it. Enjoy.
Old May 31, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
And if you have anything more to say, we'll have to move this to the DYKWIA thread!
Old May 31, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Plat, OK Gold, TK Elite
As lowly PM in Y I got a pretty nice welcome by name from the purser once. You'll be fine, KE treats nicely just about anyone.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by hondzyyk
As lowly PM in Y I got a pretty nice welcome by name from the purser once. You'll be fine, KE treats nicely just about anyone.
OP: What service class are you ticketed in?

SkyTeam Elite Plus pax from KE's partners sometimes enjoy OpUps, especially on international routes. I've been OpUp'ed from Y to C and from C to F, both times on BKK-ICN.

If you happen to be a monk or a nun, your OpUp chances on KE just went up.

Other than that, no special treatment of SkyTeam Elite Plus pax. And as far as I've seen, KE is unaware of or uninterested in the specific Medallion level you happen to be, STE+ status being the significant part.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Originally Posted by MegatopLover

Great tip! Next trip, it's costume time
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: Skyteam

I've seen plenty of monks or nuns seating coach while busines was half empty.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by DHG(Th)
I've got upcoming segments on connecting fro DL to KE (1 DL segment and then 2 KE segments). I'll be the reverse on the return (2 KE then 1 DL). Does anyone have any experiences on how KE treats DL DM's on KE flights? TIA
It will be nice. Checking in will be easier because you can use the BIZ check-in. Once you get on board it will be pretty much standard service. That being said, standard service on KE is much better than standard service on DL and close to BE service on DL. FA's won't be as experienced in the birthday department and the food is good. I did it with my family last year and will do it again this year and it's always nice.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by hoosiereph

Great tip! Next trip, it's costume time
But you'd need to shave your head to be a monk. So I hope you're either male and ok with shaving your head, or female so you can go nun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.