Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Precheck - International Travel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was a bit disappointed that there was no pre-check at the security checkpoint between the customs exit and Terminals E-F at ATL (I was on DL9, the afternoon LHR-ATL flight, last Thursday 8/29, connecting on to DCA). In fact, they were using the full-blown nude-o-scope requiring pax to get everything out of their pockets, take their belts and shoes off, and laptops out.

Interestingly, I forgot to take my plastic bag of toiletries out of my carry on, and TSA didn't make me re-scan them.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by rwoman
I'm confused or missed something...

I know the North and South checkpoints at ATL have Pre-Check. Is it also located in the F Terminal, presumably upstairs since recent posts state there is no Pre-Check downstairs after clearing customs.
To further clarify, there is generally nothing that prevents an ATL groundside pax from using either of the 2 terminals (North/South or F), regardless of the flight being international vs. domestic.

For now, only the domestic terminal has Pre-Check.

There used to a rule (TSA, nothing to do with ATL security lines) that int pax would never get Pre-Ccheck, but that was recently changed such that now even with an international flight pre is available.

Slightly OT, the one exception to the rule about using either terminal would be if the airline only has ticketing and baggage check in one place, and the pax needs such.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Does any airport have PreCheck for arriving international passengers? Haven't seen it in ATL (as you said) nor DTW, my only two ports of entry this year. (Not avoiding MSP, just hasn't worked out. Am avoiding JFK )
At MSP it's easy for arriving international passengers to make a slight detour to exit to baggage claim and then return upstairs to the regular PreCheck area. Something similar could be done at DTW.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:23 pm

Yes, if the boarding pass shows PreCheck you can use PreCheck but don't go the international terminal. Check In at the Domestic Terminal and take the plane train (or Delta VIP Select Porsche) to terminal E/F.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG, Hilton, Starwood
I haven't seen this news posted anywhere: there's now a Pre line at the International Terminal (Concourse F check in) at ATL: http://www.ajc.com/news/business/tsa...erminal/nfQFw/

I was able to partake of this last Saturday, which made for a nice surprise.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mmichael453
I haven't seen this news posted anywhere: there's now a Pre line at the International Terminal (Concourse F check in) at ATL: http://www.ajc.com/news/business/tsa...erminal/nfQFw/

Excellent news!

I'm wondering if the line there will be shorter than on the domestic side, which I've seen snake all the way down the S terminal hallway at times. That could make me start asking for dropoffs at the int'l terminal even for domestic flights.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

^ Very good news! Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Pre-check is a welcome addition to the International Terminal. I will probably now start parking in the International Park & Ride garage and go through security at F, even for domestic flights.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does anyone know the hours for the F PreCheck? It might be useful when you arrive internationally, especially with no checked luggage, to pretend to exit, go upstairs, and use PreCheck to re-enter TSA security.

Note that if you've checked in overseas, reprinting your boarding pass for the domestic connection upon arrival can result in the PreCheck designation on the boarding pass, although you might have to go upstairs to find a kiosk to do this.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG, Hilton, Starwood
There weren't any hours posted that I saw, but I'd strongly suspect that the international terminal precheck line won't be open all the time.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:23 am
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
There weren't any hours posted that I saw, but I'd strongly suspect that the international terminal precheck line won't be open all the time.
I believe I was told pre-check on F is open 2:30pm to 6:00pm daily
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Hours of operation

Per: http://atlanta-airport.com/Passenger.../PreCheck.aspx

International Terminal: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Last edited by PRWeezer; Apr 3, 2014 at 8:40 am
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by PRWeezer

That sucks. No PreCheck when departing on DL to NRT or KE to ICN.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by PRWeezer

A six hour work day with three and a half hours for lunch?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A six hour work day with three and a half hours for lunch?
No. They have some part-timers; and they have some other lines to staff, even when PreCheck is offline, and stagger employee shifts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.