Wiki Posts
Search

Sin Delta lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Sin Delta lounge

Hi,

I have a late flight out of SIN on AF to CDG in June. I would like to grab a shower before the 11pm flight. If I buy a 30 day membership to Delta's lounges can I get in the Sin lounge and does it have showers?

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by rlsrlj; May 8, 2013 at 1:09 pm
Old May 8, 2013, 7:19 am

It's not a SC so I don't think you can get in with a 30-day membership as it only applies to SC's, AFAIK.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Yes, that's what I have found as well. Also, we are flying in Y on AF, hopefully will get up upgrade option..but not counting on it.

Anyone have any other ideas on how we can get a shower...any day rooms?

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
The lounge that DL uses at SIN does not have showers and is open to DL passengers just for two or three hours before DL'S early morning SIN-NRT flight. AF may have a similar arrangement. There are transit hotels in SIN where you can rent a room for a minimum of six hours, for less than the cost of a one month SC membership. You can find information about the Ambassador Transit Hotel on the SIN Changi Airport website.

Edit to add: There is also a transit lounge with showers run by the same management as the hotels. For info on both hotels and lounges:

http://www.changiairport.com/in-transit/transit-hotel
Old May 8, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Edit to add: There is also a transit lounge with showers run by the same management as the hotels. For info on both hotels and lounges:

http://www.changiairport.com/in-transit/transit-hotel
+1 to this. Don't bother with airline lounges (contract for both DL and AF, so no SC member access; STE+ and J/F only)... the airport facilities are amongst the best anywhere.
Old May 8, 2013, 8:40 am

Delta and AF use the same lounge in SIN. About a year ago I was on the same AF flight. It's a 3rd party lounge, so I don't think a Delta SC pass would get you access. This lounge does have showers, however there are only a few, the turnaround time is slow and you have to basically camp out in the area to get one as there is no list and everyone else seems to want to take as shower too.

I waited for about an hour, and with no hope in sight, I went across the hall to the Ambassador Transit Lounge and got a shower for somewhere around SGD $8. If you're just looking for a shower, this would be the way to go.
Old May 8, 2013, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL uses the contract lounge SkyView at SIN. It's also used by KLM and I assume AF too. Once KLM had some special buffet set up in the higher back room for their passengers but this could have been an IROPs situation. The lounge also accepts PP. There are some basic showers, almost on the way to the hidden back room, but they are definitely not luxurious and there might not be shower kits beyond towels.

There are less nice contract lounges at SIN which you can pay to enter; IIRC they don't have free alcohol. (SkyView at least has free wine.)

ADDED. You can also pay to use the swimming pool at SIN, which includes a shower, towels, and a nonalcoholic beverage IIRC.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
This thread was disappointing. After the OP didn't type SIN in all caps I thought there would be a juicy story.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:55 am

I thought this too but couldn't find something clever enough on the fly.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Originally Posted by HongKonger
This thread was disappointing. After the OP didn't type SIN in all caps I thought there would be a juicy story.
V-e-r-y disappointed Well let me get my mind out of the gutter and back into the clouds...
Old May 8, 2013, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mapsgl
V-e-r-y disappointed Well let me get my mind out of the gutter and back into the clouds...
Sorry guys...here is my excuse... I have a new keyboard cover, I thought I was holding down the caps button, but it popped back up. Still adjusting to my new mac.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by misterbean
It's not a SC so I don't think you can get in with a 30-day membership as it only applies to SC's, AFAIK.
The 30-day membership is a full membership and provides access to some of the partner lounges (operated by Skyteam members/Virgin Austraila/Alaska, the same as a regular membership). However, this does not include the contract lounges like the one in SIN. It is the day pass that restricts access to only true DL operated SC's.

Last edited by xliioper; May 8, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.