Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

After 5 years with Delta I tried to book my first award ticket.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

After 5 years with Delta I tried to book my first award ticket.

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
The US Airways MasterCard gives 10,000 miles, a lounge pass, and a $99 2x companion pass each renewal no matter what you've spent. For as long as you hold the card, you get a 5,000 mile discount on all US award tickets (i.e. 20k for domestic round trip) but does not apply when any flights are partner operated. After spending $25k in a calendar year, you get 10k Preferred qualifying miles as well as waivers of the award processing fee.

Continental and United both used to offer EQMs and spending bonuses in some form, not sure if the new card still does since I still have my old one. I believe it was a 10k RDM bonus after 25k spend. Someone who uses those cards more actively can better speak to them.
All new and good information - thank you! I still prefer the 50K MQMs, 50K bonus miles and lounge access I get with my cards. I guess as always, YMMV
Old May 3, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by javabytes
Again, nonsense. All the US legacies offer credit cards with sign up bonuses and fairly standard earning rates, promotions, and partner earning opportunities. The only area in which DL seems more generous than others is miles thrown at complaining pax by customer care.

I can't help but notice DL is the only airline program listed on your profile.
I do maintain AA and US program accounts for the other alliances but since I don't have status with them I didn't list them. SkyMile redemption may suck but I'm loyal to DL due to customer service, schedule, and performance. Plus, out of MLB my choices are DL or US and I've had many bad experiences with US, and out of MCO DL is almost always the cheapest so that's what my company pays for.

All airlines do offer credit cards, bonuses, etc., but I still maintain SkyMiles are easier to earn than other program miles. Enough to justify the higher redemption rates? Nope. But I was trying to explain the concept that all miles aren't equal.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by krpjr
Let me know what F product you end up flying to Japan in the SkyTeam network using Delta Skypesos. I want that trip report !
CRJ700 obviously
Old May 4, 2013, 11:48 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Sabai

You posted that you had the yen for a trip to Japan in F. .
Hee hee... love the humor!
Old May 5, 2013, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Go to Us

Seems clear that DL is not your airline of the future.
Old May 5, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
WOW! I paid less in Business class on UA from SLC to BKK. Delta has the worst mileage program in the U.S. It is awful to see how they reward their loyal travelers. This is the reason why I will never stay loyal to Delta!
But who wants to fly UA's hard product? I can't imagine paying a business class fare for a 777 with 8 across.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.