Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrading on DL 17: JFK to LAX on the 767 with flatbed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

yes, another upgrade thread, but this one is specific to the 767 DL threw on the JFK to LAX route. With 36 flat beds up front, how have the upgrades been? Since its twice as many seats as the 757 normally flown on that route, and its a relatively new plane on that route, I would imagine most DM's are getting the UG?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
So...it is or is not an upgrade chances thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hread-144.html

Also, its often NOT the 76W but rather the 76H, which has only 26 seats in BE.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLATL777
So...it is or is not an upgrade chances thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hread-144.html

Also, its often NOT the 76W but rather the 76H, which has only 26 seats in BE.
I wanted to know specific about this route, and not look through pages of worthless information. Plus, look at the seat mapper, there are 36 seats displayed on flight 17.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
I wanted to know specific about this route, and not look through pages of worthless information. Plus, look at the seat mapper, there are 36 seats displayed on flight 17.
Must be your day to be special!

Regarding the plane type-Why don't you look at some dates in May. As I said, its OFTEN not the 76W (76N or 76T), not always.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Must be your day to be special!

Regarding the plane type-Why don't you look at some dates in May. As I said, its OFTEN not the 76W (76N or 76T), not always.
gee, thanks for your help, NOT. I never said it was ALWAYS the 36 seat version. geeeeez.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:29 pm

gee, thanks for your help, NOT. I never said it was ALWAYS the 36 seat version. geeeeez.
Neither did I...now I am not even sure what you are arguing.

I work in an industry where everyone thinks they are special. Every issue is unique, every question different, every (redundant) issue deserving of its own place in the sun. If everyone on this board thought that way (DYKWIAs), we would literally have 2,100 threads asking about upgrades instead of one with 196 pages. Thats my point and hence the sensitivity.

As far as upgrades go, just look at the flights over the next week, many, many seats left up front. Never missed an upgrade.

Last edited by DLATL777; Apr 18, 2013 at 7:37 pm
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Am with DLATL777 on this, your insinuation was the 36J was normal. Go off the assumption it will be 26J and, if there are the extra 10 seats, be happy...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
well this has turned out to be a fantastic thread. I'm actually curious about the OP's question if anyone has any real information.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Folks, please ask yourself why threads like this are answered with the type of sarcasm evidenced here. If you feel that a new thread warrants merging into an existing topic merely send an RBP to the DL board moderators and if deemed appropriate we will move it. Otherwise it would be far more productive to all including the OP to either answer his question with actual information or not reply at all.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Today's flight has 24 open in front as of now.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; SPG Gold
I like this as a separate thread - thanks OP! Curious about this route specifically too.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:06 am

Considering that DL will be adding more 767s on this route, I believe 4 total, as well as adding a 767 to SEA, it doesn't make sense to have a thread solely on this flight. It should be added to the existing upgrade thread, or a separate thread about upgrades on the 767s that will ply these routes.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:11 am

I did this flight 2x in the past month. Once on a Friday and the other on a Saturday. In both cases I got the UG at the gate (as a PM on U or T fare). In one of those instances, I got the last upgrade that cleared. Very nice ride...and since it is the continuing flight number to SYD, the service in BE is slightly upgraded as well.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:16 am

Can you add any color around why you think the service was slightly upgraded, e.g. what do you think was different than, say, the 757 on this route?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Can you add any color around why you think the service was slightly upgraded, e.g. what do you think was different than, say, the 757 on this route?
Besides the flat-bed, larger pillows, duvet and better video screens, I thought the service was slightly better. Predeparture beverages included OJ/champaigne/Mimosas. Dinner selection was menu by Michael Chiarello and marketed as the coast to coast type. There was a primo with antipasto misto (my favorite was the carrot caponata with mixed greens). the secondo was choice between tenderloin, risotto (roasted pumpkin and sage IIRC) and shrimp wrapped with pancetta. Dolce was choice of fruit/cheese plate or gelato. I don't know if the above is different in service from the 757 because I have only been on the modified 767 for this particular route. My comment with regards to the BE service on this flight is that it is a step above the standard DL domestic F service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.