Wiki Posts
Search

Competition Heats Up with AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by airmotive
I'm based in Indy too and have taken that LAX flight a few times. It's a very handy flight for a 'smallish' city to have....
It has always been a pretty full 757 every time I've been on it.
Just curious. When was IND-LAX ever operated by a 757? I've never taken that flight but I've just never seen a 757 scheduled on that route unless it was for a one-off event.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just a note on IND-LAX equipment, the route is generally operated by a 320, but will be operated by a 738 on 5/27 and 11/3-12/1 (ThFSu).

Source: http://info.flightmapper.net/route/D...nes_DL_IND_LAX
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
As has already been pointed out, DL having a nice Skyclub at IND -where the Woodford is complimentary is a big plus IMHO.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Just curious. When was IND-LAX ever operated by a 757? I've never taken that flight but I've just never seen a 757 scheduled on that route unless it was for a one-off event.
Wow...it's been over a year....maybe 18 months. Didn't realize it had been that long until you made me think about it.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IND the airport is in Ind. (or IN) the state.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:22 am
Formerly known as scootr29

I wish AA would fly between GSP and MIA
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by airmotive
Hey, hey now...I live in Indy.
Regardless of stats, it's got that "Dayton/Norfolk/Erie/Abilene" feel.
They still roll up the sidewalks after midnight and the kids still ask the local TV weatherman for his autograph.
DAY is not comparable to IND. Indianpolis feels far more like Cincinnati or Columbus, OH (which are all almost equal in metro-area population). IND has major league sports and a sizeable downtown area. Dayton/Norfolk/Erie/Abiliene do not.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IND the airport is in Ind. (or IN) the state.
IND is in IN?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL DM (.00123 MM), UA 1P, Marriott PLT, HI GLD, SW PLT
Originally Posted by Loquascious
CMH is my home airport. I have taken CMH-LAX quite a few times. It's usually a 737-800 that's 60ish% full. DL flies it daily I believe.
And they have the LAX-CMH redeye that makes it relatively easy to get back to CMH from the West Coast.

Hop down to LAX from SFO/PDX/SEA, hang out in the SkyClub, then home on the next flight. The flight is also very easy to get upgraded on.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by LADELTA777
Where is IND ?
Weir-Cook Airport.
Old May 9, 2013, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
As guessed, DL is now going daily on IND-LAX to match AA. The outbound, IND-LAX will be around the same time each day (6pm-ish) on both airlines, however the return from LAX will be a 10a departure on AA and a red-eye for DL.

Wonder how long IND will be able to support both IND-LAX flights. If only someone would add SFO and SEA, they'd most certainly run those flights in the black. (Wishful thinking that AS would enter the market).
Old May 9, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by CGNC
... If only someone would add SFO and SEA, they'd most certainly run those flights in the black...
do the O&D traffic statistics support that? (just curious, not critical ... I have not actually looked up the data)
Old May 9, 2013, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by CGNC
As guessed, DL is now going daily on IND-LAX to match AA. The outbound, IND-LAX will be around the same time each day (6pm-ish) on both airlines, however the return from LAX will be a 10a departure on AA and a red-eye for DL.

Wonder how long IND will be able to support both IND-LAX flights. If only someone would add SFO and SEA, they'd most certainly run those flights in the black. (Wishful thinking that AS would enter the market).
Isn't it weird to get into LAX so late? It's too late to connect anywhere.

Not sure AA's timing on LAX-IND makes sense, it doesn't allow enough time for people to connect from elsewhere.

I am just assuming that connecting traffic is a big reason for these flights.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by jrl22
do the O&D traffic statistics support that? (just curious, not critical ... I have not actually looked up the data)
According to faremeasure.com, SFO has 368 passengers a day, SEA has 300. I'd say that's decent enough for a daily A320/B737.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I can't see a new DL (or, as you wishfully mention, AS) nonstop poaching 40% of the O&D traffic from what must be 15-20 connecting options (UA, AA, DL, US, WN; others?) ... that said, AS has tended to do pretty well introducing mid-cons and transcons to/from SEA (PHL, AUS, ATL, FLL ... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.