Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4, Sky, or maybe not....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL EOS...
JFK T4, Sky, or maybe not....

Towards the corner of Delta ticketing, bag drop area T4, there's a HUGE painted red wall with Sky (maybe Priority?) that you cannot miss. Of course, once you reach the screening area you're greeted by this:

I wasn't in a hurry but worth a note to be careful allow for extra time if you are.

I understand construction isn't always perfect but why make such a BIG DEAL about Sky Priority if it's not actually available?

Mods - feel free to merge. I looked for the T4 thread but no luck....
Old Apr 1, 2013, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I don't think this is funny at all! ;-)
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
It's only until the construction is finished in May.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:35 am

Since it's Monday morning and I'm feeling a bit picky... why does 'constraints' get an apostrophe but 'airlines' and 'customers' don't? Can anyone enlighten me on the new apostrophe insertion rules that seem to be pervading our country?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
It's only until the construction is finished in May.
Absolutely, price of progress and I'm okay with that as long as proper disclosure is made. However, if you've been through recently you've seen that HUGE red wall with SKY PRIORITY plastered in DL's corner of T4.

Reminds me of Judge Judy's "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining".

IMO - there should probably be a sticky about this situation until it's up to speed in order to allow folks to budget extra time?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: DL GM
It may be worth checking at t2 or 3 and taking the shuttle over?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Ti22
Towards the corner of Delta ticketing, bag drop area T4, there's a HUGE painted red wall with Sky (maybe Priority?) that you cannot miss. Of course, once you reach the screening area you're greeted by this:

I wasn't in a hurry but worth a note to be careful allow for extra time if you are.

I understand construction isn't always perfect but why make such a BIG DEAL about Sky Priority if it's not actually available?

Mods - feel free to merge. I looked for the T4 thread but no luck....
You know T4 is a mixed use terminal and not just DL. For the mixed use airlines there used to be a priority queue in each pier, sometimes even a Clear queue as well.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by kpfleming
Since it's Monday morning and I'm feeling a bit picky... why does 'constraints' get an apostrophe but 'airlines' and 'customers' don't? Can anyone enlighten me on the new apostrophe insertion rules that seem to be pervading our country?
you picked well!

I already like the changes to T4. Oasis is now airside! That was a very pleasant surprise last friday. ^
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Ti22
Absolutely, price of progress and I'm okay with that as long as proper disclosure is made. ....

Proper disclosure is not being made. With the amount of garbage DL emails me about (particularly telling me how great this terminal is going to be), this is something they should let you know about.

By the time you get to the terminal and see the sign, it is too late.

I did know about this from Flyertalk, but decided a couple weeks ago to try T4 anyway because "how bad can it be." MAJOR mistake. Took me almost 50 minutes to clear security.

I'm done with that until Priority lines are up and running. Take my advice - go to T3 and take the bus
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by kpfleming
Becau'se apo'strophe's exi'st to warn that an "'s" i's coming, obviou'sly. Whoever made the 'sign wa's obvio'sly being lazy on the other word's.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ashill
Becau'se apo'strophe's exi'st to warn that an "'s" i's coming, obviou'sly. Whoever made the 'sign wa's obvio'sly being lazy on the other word's.
Then 'should it be Bu'sine's's Cla's's or Bu'sine'ss Cla'ss?

It''s too many apo'stophe's but al'so too many capital letter's. It mu'st have been 'so hard to make thi's 'sign.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
FYI - looks like no progress yet on the First Class line.

Friend just flew to Zurich (on LX, but same T4) said there was no FClass line - took him 55 min to clear security
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by FlyAO2

Friend just flew to Zurich (on LX, but same T4) said there was no FClass line - took him 55 min to clear security
Right, still no Sky Priority lane at security, but show your STE+ card or boarding pass to the tan-jacketed staff and they will find you the shortest line. Worked for me last Thursday around 5pm - I was through security and into the Oasis lounge in less than 5 mins.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by FlyAO2

It was a mess on Friday. Went to T2 and took the bus. Nice that Oasis is airside.

But...dear Delta friends, you have to do something about the buses. I realize that it was raining on Friday, but on the bus there was water steadily coming down from the roof escape hatch, as well as other random areas on the bus. Your customers were getting water on their heads, clothes, luggage, etc. More than a few bus passengers had similar comments: "...like the third world, not New York". Additionally, water was pooling on the tarmac, and folks had to go through some deep water by T2.

If the bus transfer is going to be, as announced, the way that passsengers are going to go between T2 and T4, then you need to get buses that don't leak and better tarmac drainage.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:06 pm
EZE

Programs: All of em more or less
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
It was a mess on Friday. Went to T2 and took the bus. Nice that Oasis is airside.

But...dear Delta friends, you have to do something about the buses. I realize that it was raining on Friday, but on the bus there was water steadily coming down from the roof escape hatch, as well as other random areas on the bus. Your customers were getting water on their heads, clothes, luggage, etc. More than a few bus passengers had similar comments: "...like the third world, not New York".
oh but that is exactly what DL was probably going for - an authentic look at NY's crumbling infrastructure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.