Wiki Posts
Search

DL Amex in the Freddies?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
DL Amex in the Freddies?

Show your support by voting for the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express

Nope. My SPG Amex? Most assuredly; my StarPoints are worth quite a bit to me, and redeeming them is a breeze.

SkyPesos? Even DL doesn't want them given how damn hard they make it to obtain international award travel.

In the battle between SkyMiles and Revenue Mgt, it's the DL customer that is the loser.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I voted for my Delta Platinum Amex
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I tend to agree I rank my SPG amex as the best card I have. Second use to be my Hilton Amex, but that is under review. MY DL amex is not worth a lot to me.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
AMEX & DL should be given the Hall of Shame award for the devastation they have caused to customers of the SkyPesos program. They wouldn't be called Pesos if Robertson didn't devalue them by selling billions of them to AMEX.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
If there was a category for most difficult to redeem card benefit, Skypesos would win in a landslide. The Delta Amex card devalues the Amex brand
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Sabai
Show your support by voting for the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express
Bah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha --as I die laughing my *ss off...

Perhaps Chase Priority Club VISA might be a not-laugh-yourself-silly entry in the credit card category...

Or any number of free points and cash-back cards....
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by troyintn
I tend to agree I rank my SPG amex as the best card I have. Second use to be my Hilton Amex, but that is under review.
You might want to consider the Citibank Hilton Reserve VISA card.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
The Club Carlson card has racked up a ton of points for me for very low spend, and redemption value is quite good in 2 night blocks. Main con is the limited number of properties and no real 'high-end' ones either. But for mid tier....nice.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
Did you notice....

the one thing Delta didn't mention in their email was their awards program?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah I kind of laughed a bit when I got that email... then voted and made sure not to select the DL Amex card.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
AMEX & DL should be given the Hall of Shame award for the devastation they have caused to customers of the SkyPesos program. They wouldn't be called Pesos if Robertson didn't devalue them by selling billions of them to AMEX.
Amex is Delta's ATM, and Slippery Jeff is Amex's Cabaņa Boy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.