Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Travel suggestions to use a Delta eCredit before April

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel suggestions to use a Delta eCredit before April

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Help. Looking for travel suggestions to use a Delta eCredit before April.

I'm looking for some travel suggestions. I have a $500 Delta eCert that I need to use before the end of March. Travel dates can be anytime in the next yearm but I have to book before the end of March. People on here are really great at finding fairs so I thought I'd reach out and see what someone comes up with. So if you have some free time, let me know if you have a cool way to use the credit.
I need to leave from CHS, CAE, or CLT. Coach class is fine. My schedule is pretty flexible, so pretty much all dates and lengths are ok. Europe would be awesome, South America or North America will work too. Thanks in advance, and I'm looking forward to the suggestions!

Last edited by lrbenko; Mar 11, 2013 at 7:52 am
Old Mar 10, 2013, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some destinations in Brazil seem to have cheap fares now, although watch out for E class (no picking seats, etc.).

If you have SWUs or want to use miles to upgrade, South America has some relatively reasonable M fares, not much over $2K, and relatively good upgrade inventory on the dates and destinations I've checked recently. Europe looks pretty hopeless for confirming upgrades now. (The same is largely true for Asia.)

ADDED. For USA citizens, Brazil requires a visa in advance.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 10, 2013 at 7:16 pm
Old Mar 10, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Panama City, Panama! $650 No visa requirements and the local currency is $USD
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Panama City, Panama! $650 No visa requirements and the local currency is $USD
I'm going to check that out. Might be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:56 am
Original Poster

I've been searching on the Delta site for flights, and I have to agree with the multitude of others: it's horrible. Is there a way to view available fares in calendar form? Or even a schedule of fares by price?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:00 am

I would pick a destination and go from there. Try skiing out West, or some beach time in Key West. Whichever you prefer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.