Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Gave my upgrade to a mil, another passenger wants it...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:36 am
Original Poster

So I gave my upgrade to a mil person I saw waiting for the flight, figuring I get to fly business as a DM enough. Shockingly, the next person on the list (who didn't get the upgrade) actually went up to the booth to ask for it. ... - seriously? He wasn't getting it anyhow, as I got the last one, but to try to claw it back from a service member? How low can you go...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by knoa_knows
So I gave my upgrade to a mil person I saw waiting for the flight, figuring I get to fly business as a DM enough. Shockingly, the next person on the list (who didn't get the upgrade) actually went up to the booth to ask for it. ... - seriously? He wasn't getting it anyhow, as I got the last one, but to try to claw it back from a service member? How low can you go...
That was low regardless of whether it was a service man or anyone else he was trying to claw it from.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
unreal
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
People never cease to amaze me. Did the service person get the upgrade?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
People never cease to amaze me.

Yep - me too.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
This subject has come up before and the discussion spiraled downhill quite quickly, such as in this thread where giving upgrades to military personnel became a side discussion:
Giving Upgrade to Non-Elite Spouse

He wasn't getting it anyhow, as I got the last one, but to try to claw it back from a service member? How low can you go...
That's exactly what I said over and over in the thread I referenced. If some DYKWIA wants to raise a fuss about me giving my upgrade away to my fiance, the person sitting next to my fiance, or a military person, or whoever, then fine. I'll just take the first class seat myself and prevent the DYKWIA. Other than demonstrating to the rest of the plane what a self-entitled _____ they are, I still can't figure out why they raise the fuss. To me, it's hilarious that these sort of people think the rest of the people on the plane care about their elite status. They can't handle finding out that the rest of the plane doesn't.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Here we go again....

Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
People never cease to amaze me. Did the service person get the upgrade?
I wasn't aware the Delta had changed its policy - means I can start selling my upgrades at the gate....?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Bicostal
I wasn't aware the Delta had changed its policy - means I can start selling my upgrades at the gate....?
I knew it wouldn't take long for the Usual Suspects to start showing up. Getting my popcorn ready! ^
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Thread Alert

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Getting my popcorn ready! ^
Put your popcorn away.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta SkyMiles forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.