Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rude GA moves seat out of EC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Rude GA moves seat out of EC

On flight 24 right now, MCO-ATL. Had a seat in 23C on 757. I go to board in zone SKY. The machine prints a new BP, 23 D. I am thinking it is seat jusy across the aisle, so I board. I find out that while 23C is EC, 23D is not, and worse.. It is the infamous row behind EC....

I return to the GA and ask for my original seat back. She says she gave it to a family with young children and asks if I was going to split them up. I was a bit taken back by the question, as now its my fault they did not book seats together. REALLY??? I explain the fact that it is not in EC and she says that it should not matter since I did not pay for it anyways.... REALLY?

Now I do not think it is appropriate to resplit a family as I sm a solo male traveler. I ask if she can at least give me a drink ticket. She calls for a red coat and mocksvme as she asks him to bring the drink tickets. The red coat comes, gives her the tickets, I bosrd, as I sm finished with her attitude....

I may not have been upset if I had been adked first, which I told her. She admittedvto the change, but claimed she had families all over the place...

Turns out this *little child" is closer to teen ager. I have a pic to prove, but will not post here since that may not be appropriate....

On a positive note, the FA on board was great.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Fortunately its a short flight from ATL to MCO so the discomfort is minimal. However what happened is still wrong for you and a letter to DL is in order. Request compensation of some reasonable amount (double miles?) when you do it.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by jalves
Fortunately its a short flight from ATL to MCO so the discomfort is minimal. However what happened is still wrong for you and a letter to DL is in order. Request compensation of some reasonable amount (double miles?) when you do it.
Its a short flight, and I survived. I was just taken back by her attitude! Most of the MCO GA's are great. I found the bad apple. Glad it wasn't MCO-LAX. The row behing EC has to be one of the worst for legroom.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM
That's ridiculous. I have seen a gate agent move someone out of EC before, but he gave him a $50 voucher. The thing that kills is that she didn't ask you first.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StuckOnSegments
That's ridiculous. I have seen a gate agent move someone out of EC before, but he gave him a $50 voucher. The thing that kills is that she didn't ask you first.
That was my biggest argument... If she would have asked, I may have been more forgiving, but to give me attitude! That sent me over thr edge.....
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:28 pm

I think I would've been upset if this had happened to me. I don't understand, it was OK to bump you because you didn't pay for EC...but did the entire family that sat there together pay? Usually they don't think twice about splitting up a family - wonder if somebody else is writing a congratulations letter to the airline for finding a way to seat the entire family together after a vehement complaint at the gate.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Annoying, but I would have rather have had a non EC on a short flight than huff it up to the gate and argue, that is for sure...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I would say you are having a bad luck this week. First no upgrade out of MCO as a DM and then you find the one bad apple in the MCO crew. Not a way to start the week.

On another note, this FCM has been bad over this holiday weekend for MCO. I flew ATL-MCO Friday night and was #3 on the upgrade list with 0 in F on a M fare as a DM booked 4 weeks out.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tigerstraveler99
I would say you are having a bad luck this week. First no upgrade out of MCO as a DM and then you find the one bad apple in the MCO crew. Not a way to start the week.

On another note, this FCM has been bad over this holiday weekend for MCO. I flew ATL-MCO Friday night and was #3 on the upgrade list with 0 in F on a M fare as a DM booked 4 weeks out.
This should be proof that MCO is not the cakewalk UG some on here claim. I have been in Y three times this year on MCO-ATL or vice versa....
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Completely unacceptable. I would have got a redcoat and demanded my original seat back. Who cares if it's a short flight? It's not acceptable for them to just move your seat without asking you. I hope you got the GA's name and will mention it in the complaint I hope you send in.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
My God. A DM didn't get the upgrade on ATL-MCO!? This is very telling that the current medallion program is seriously flawed. 2015 can't come quick enough.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Completely unacceptable. I would have got a redcoat and demanded my original seat back. Who cares if it's a short flight? It's not acceptable for them to just move your seat without asking you. I hope you got the GA's name and will mention it in the complaint I hope you send in.
Absolutely agree. This crap will not stop without complaints being filed. If you don't file a complaint, what will stop the GA from doing this again and again? The GA needs to know this is unaccceptable.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by waltinsocal
Absolutely agree. This crap will not stop without complaints being filed. If you don't file a complaint, what will stop the GA from doing this again and again? The GA needs to know this is unaccceptable.
Don't worry, DL is getting a letter....
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
.. She says she gave it to a family with young children and asks if I was going to split them up. ..
Answer to GA: Yes I am going to split them up, as their seats are not my problem and I should not be moved from a EC without asking me first.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
I'm surprised the red coat didn't change the seats back. That's terrible customer service. The OP didn't volunteer and it's quite rude to move someone without at least asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.