Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booked through Delta, fare subject to unpublished SM earning rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked through Delta, fare subject to unpublished SM earning rules

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
It sounds like we'll need to call on Robin if we get robbed of the 50% MQM bonus when making small changes after 3/1/13 to international M fare tickets purchased previously.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by JWGJWG
My miles just credited as well. is this your doing, rwoman? What did they blame the mix up on and did anyone explain the repeated claims that we had good fares and therefore wouldn't earn full miles on T class tickets?

Major thanks to rwoman who called the DM line today with both of our ticket numbers to sort this out.
Looks like it was a computer glitch - that's what they attributed it to.

I made the phone call, but Connie K. at the DM Desk really helped facilitate this.

I've also sent you an email...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:24 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rwoman
Looks like it was a computer glitch - that's what they attributed it to.

I made the phone call, but Connie K. at the DM Desk really helped facilitate this.

I've also sent you an email...
Any idea what it was about this last call that made it work vs the multiple other calls that were made recently? Did they express confidence that the glitch is fixed or did they simply grant the miles and are still working on the glitch?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTT
Any idea what it was about this last call that made it work vs the multiple other calls that were made recently? Did they express confidence that the glitch is fixed or did they simply grant the miles and are still working on the glitch?
I think it was because I had both my information and JWGJWG's information to compare. Both tickets were booked via DL (mine was CVG (ha!) and hers was SLC). I explained my situation and then pointed out JWGJWG's issue, also indicating what the 404# rep told her - which the DM Desk stated is not the case.

The DM Desk went back to the help desk with my record and JWGJWG's record and they recognized it really was an issue.

Whether or not they've fixed the glitch, time will tell...I will have the opportunity to find out in 2 weeks...
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Kudos, rwoman! A win for FT!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:01 am

All,

I've posted this in the thread I started last week. I've now been credited full MQM/RDM (plus bonus) for the T fare I had LHR-DTW-ORD-DTW-LHR.

Thats great to hear, did they explain why it happened?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ubw117
Thats great to hear, did they explain why it happened?
They attributed it to a glitch, but it's happened to others as well.

Detailed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-full-mqm.html
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:20 pm

They attributed it to a glitch, but it's happened to others as well.

Detailed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-full-mqm.html

I wrote to them, this is what they said:

"You will also continue to earn full mileage credit based on SkyMiles program rules for published fare on tickets purchased directly through us. These include tickets bought via delta.com. You will earn 19,924 MQMs on this trip."
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Just now noticed my return leg didn't post in full. Even after they had me pay an additional fee. Such an annoyance. I'm on hold now, waiting for the hours of pain this will take to repair this. Beyond frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.