Wiki Posts
Search

Headphones on Delta 757-200ER

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Headphones on Delta 757-200ER

Have an upcoming JFK-LAX flight on Delta and it will be my first Delta flight with AVOD. Seat Guru says they charge $2 for headphones, or you can use your own if you have a special 2-prong adapter jack. Anyone know if the cost is still $2 and whether you really need to bring some special adapter to use your own?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Have an upcoming JFK-LAX flight on Delta and it will be my first Delta flight with AVOD. Seat Guru says they charge $2 for headphones, or you can use your own if you have a special 2-prong adapter jack. Anyone know if the cost is still $2 and whether you really need to bring some special adapter to use your own?
The cost definitely is still $2. I cannot remember if this plane needs the adaptor or not
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
I flew a 752 last week and my seat had the regular headphone jack.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyertalk77
I flew a 752 last week and my seat had the regular headphone jack.
thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Note you must pay by credit card. Also, on my last flight they were free in Y (!). Also, a lot of the times there's very little on the AVOD that isn't additional charge. There's no live TV on these flights, and the movies may or may not be free (more often not).
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Yep, the 757 type that Delta uses on the JFK-LAX/SFO are definitely one-pronged.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Definitely single pronged for most every set of headphones.

If you get the B/E upgrade, they give noise-cancelling headphones. Unfortunately, I believe the jacks in B/E require 2 pronged headphones.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
On my MSP-SEA flight, a 757-200 of some flavor, it was the two-pronger. Haven't seen one of those in years before this time.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
On my MSP-SEA flight, a 757-200 of some flavor, it was the two-pronger. Haven't seen one of those in years before this time.
I believe the non-AVOD 752s have 2 pronged headphones.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; Bonvoy Ambassador
On the plus side, you can play in-flight trivia for free-- though you don't need headphones for that.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Just an update in case anyone else is curious about the AVOD on these JFK-LAX/SFO Delta routes.

Headphones were free of charge in economy in both directions and were the standard 3.5mm single jack (although the free headphones themselves included the 2 prong adapter, which wasn't needed). The AVOD was awful, all the movies/TV programs had an extra charge, except for one pre-recorded channel consisting of a single episode of Mad About You, a Coldplay concert and a very dated episode of Inside the Actor's Studio, which was played on infinite loop.

On the upside, both our seats had power plugs, so we could plug in our laptops for our own movies. Not sure if all seats had these, but 18D/E definitely did (these are great seats by the way, grab them if you can).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.