Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fly with 5 open seats in FC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Fly with 5 open seats in FC

I was on DL 6198 yesterday (1/5) from LGA-RDU and noticed that first class flew with 5 open seats. I am GM and had an economy-plus seat (that probably had the most legroom anyways) and it was a short flight, so it wasn't a big deal. Just wondering what happened? The flight was relatively empty in general as well.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by duke2013
I was on DL 6198 yesterday (1/5) from LGA-RDU and noticed that first class flew with 5 open seats. I am GM and had an economy-plus seat (that probably had the most legroom anyways) and it was a short flight, so it wasn't a big deal. Just wondering what happened? The flight was relatively empty in general as well.
What did the FA say when you asked about the situation?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: DL SM
I am only making a few assumptions here. I assume since the OP mentioned that row 5 has the most leg room they were on a RJ. If they were on the RJ maybe it was a weight and balance issue I could be totally wrong.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RRDD
What did the FA say when you asked about the situation?
The GA would have been the person to ask (the FA's don't generally have all the details on the upgrade lists, etc). It would be helpful to know if the OP verified he was actually on the upgrade list. Could be another case were the "Upgrade Requested" flag was not set for his flight. Otherwise, could be there were 5 FC non-shows (perhaps due to IRROPS) and GA did not bother to pull people up.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
I've been stuck in the back with open FC seats if I was flying it as a "direct" flight. In those situations you have to clear both legs or you won't get either.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Where were all the non-revs? I thought it was the backbone of FT to assert that the GAs can't wait to fill the front cabin with their friends so that they can party at the expense of deserving Medallions.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by duke2013
The system does show that 5 seats went out empty and that no one was on the gate UG list.

Are you sure your UG was requested?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by LedgeT
The system does show that 5 seats went out empty and that no one was on the gate UG list.

Does this mean no one was ever on it, or that everyone boarded and thus lost their place on the list?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Does this mean no one was ever on it, or that everyone boarded and thus lost their place on the list?
Boarding only impacts the GIDS; the agents/system still have a view of the true priority.

If it were a W&B issue then the GA could have removed the UG requests on his/her own; however, I would expect this to be announced to the impacted Medallions.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

I didn't inquire about it as it was only an hour flight. How do I check if "upgrade requested" was in place? I've gotten upgrades in the past and haven't recently changed anything in my settings.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:40 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Where were all the non-revs?.
They were all drinking champagne in BE on their way to LHR, CDG & AMS!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by davetravels
They were all drinking champagne in BE on their way to LHR, CDG & AMS!
Yes we were How did you know?!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
This is the question. Did the OP ever see or ask about the upgrade list?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:10 pm

Is this info publicly available somewhere?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Dang, a GM sitting in Y with 5 seats open up front. Can't you be banned from FT for allowing this to happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.