Wiki Posts
Search

EC Especially Comfy for Tiny People

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
EC Especially Comfy for Tiny People

This picture that has been floating around on the DL website for a couple of months, although not false advertising, sure does make it look like the EC seats are tall.

rant

Being 6'4", there is not a domestic seat, Y or F, that allows me to sit with my both my head and my lower back against the chair; certainly not the Y+ seats. The guy in this ad must be about 5'5" and weight about 125 lbs. soaking wet and holding a rock.

/rant

Last edited by houserulz77; Jan 3, 2013 at 10:35 pm
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Well, at least according to your signature, you only have to endure this 1/3 of the time.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Perspective. The empty aisle seat is closer and the man is sitting in the window seat.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:39 pm

Other things the wrong size:
1. The computer is tiny (macbook air?).
2. The woman is actually quite thin if you look closely (the way her shirt hangs makes her look more full-figured).

Both of these also contribute to making the seat pitch incredibly vast.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
The woman also has her seat reclined while the man does not.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
And, as we all know, every occupied EC seat is guaranteed to have an empty seat next to it during the flight.

Anyone who believes advertising deserves just what they receive.

(... I hope that was not too negative.)
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
It's very comfy for tiny people. I'm finding that EC is becoming the only seating where families with infants and small children can sit together. We had two trips in Dec where we didn't get upgraded and most of EC was as described above.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Not domestic, but I find the A330's the most comfortable Y seats for my 6'6 frame.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
The funny thing about this is that the title is accurate. I may not be tiny, but at 5'8", EC is especially comfortable.

Not as comfortable as F, but for those of us who won't pay for F, EC is pretty great!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by amolkold
Perspective. The empty aisle seat is closer and the man is sitting in the window seat.
It also looks suspiciously like a rendering...
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
And, as we all know, every occupied EC seat is guaranteed to have an empty seat next to it during the flight.

Anyone who believes advertising deserves just what they receive.

(... I hope that was not too negative.)
Hence, my signature ^
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Sneaky little Hobbitses...

Their forearms+hands are shorter than the armrests, even accounting for perspective.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
It's very comfy for tiny people. I'm finding that EC is becoming the only seating where families with infants and small children can sit together. We had two trips in Dec where we didn't get upgraded and most of EC was as described above.
I sent DL a note about this issue back in June - some GAs have been using EC seats as an easy area to keep open for relocating families with small children who aren't seated together (as well as unaccompanied minors). I flew FCA-MSP in EC where that seemed to be the loudest part of the cabin because of this fact. It wasn't a problem for me since I was there for free and just planning to relax and look out the window, but that would be sort of a raw deal for anyone who paid for the part of the cabin that Delta advertises by saying things like "Enjoy your flight...and more ZZZs."

I concluded my note with the phrase "I don't wish to receive any compensation as I was pleased with Delta's service, as usual, but simply wanted to bring this concern to your attention." Naturally, I received a canned response and some token SkyMiles. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.