Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Mixed Class Award Ticket -- Baggage Allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

My wife and I were charged the Business rate for our tickets (200,000 miles), but we only got O availability on the last leg of our journey.

We need to check in 4 bags between the two of us and will be a little upset if they expect us to pay $200 for them, since we're already "overpaying" for our award ticket.

I called Delta and they said since the first ticket is X we will need to pay additional baggage fees. I know you can call Delta 10 times and get 10 answers, so curious if anyone knows a way around this?

Our final leg is O and we are checking our bags to their destination.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:18 am

In my case FLL-MNL, I'm in coach FLL-LAX and business LAX-MNL they said because I'm business over the water, the baggage allowance is two 70LB bags + 1 for being elite (PM), so three 70LB bags total.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikepa
In my case FLL-MNL, I'm in coach FLL-LAX and business LAX-MNL they said because I'm business over the water, the baggage allowance is two 70LB bags + 1 for being elite (PM), so three 70LB bags total.
Mine over the water isn't business.

IAD > JFK N (plane only has economy)
JFK > SVO X (no O availability)
SVO > EVN O
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Tagavor, I don't have any advice for you regarding your baggage allowance.

However, I would suggest changing your flights to all economy, and save yourself a bunch of miles. How long is the SVO > EVN flight? You may have to pay $150 each to change the tickets but you can use the miles you've saved for another flight.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sounds to me like they're going to try to get fees from each of you for your 2nd bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.