Wiki Posts
Search

changing ticket vs. buying new one

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
changing ticket vs. buying new one

I bought a one way ticket for $144. I'm thinking about changing the date but there would obviously be the $150 change fee. The date I want to change to is this saturday and the one way ticket is still $144. I booked the original ticket last week, so no more 24 hour window....am i missing something or is my best option still to just buy the new ticket and cancel the first one since it would be cheaper?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
I'd just by the new one.
If you have an amex plat and haven't used the $200 airline incidentals, now'd be a good time to use it
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: SkyMiles, MileagePlus
you can always ask for a fee waiver.. explain that your history shows you're a loyal delta customer, you don't do this often, etc etc. might as well try - it's worked for me.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mendel k
I'd just by the new one.
If you have an amex plat and haven't used the $200 airline incidentals, now'd be a good time to use it
I've got 138 of DL credit left on the amex plat, hoping it will cover that much even though the charge will either be 144 or 150
Originally Posted by mspflyer3
you can always ask for a fee waiver.. explain that your history shows you're a loyal delta customer, you don't do this often, etc etc. might as well try - it's worked for me.
might try this...thanks
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Problem is the change fee will just kill the ticket value, so you'd end up purchasing a new ticket anyway and not sure if the Amex incidental will pick that up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.