Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade list without checking in

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Upgrade list without checking in

Have an issue checking in and have to do so at the airport. If I'm not there by the time they process the UG list will I be excluded from an UG?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:31 am

You won't be on the upgrade list until you have successfully checked-in for the flight (the coupon status for the segment must be CKIN). If you check-in after upgrades are cleared, you will still go onto the upgrade list, but the probability that F is full by the time you reach the gate is higher; you wouldn't get upgraded unless someone no-shows, misconnects, SDCs, etc.

Last edited by akonradi; Nov 30, 2012 at 7:38 am
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Even if you have to check in at the airport, the "A" answer is be there before they process the UG list.

That said, many flts don't get 'processed' until maybe 30-45 min out. Sometimes even less. Not sure how late you plan to check in but I have been as tight as 30 min before a flt at the TA counter, placed on the list, and got the UG.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Was afraid of that. I'm doing a turn so I can hit DM before my next (much longer) trip. The outbound was delayed by nearly an hour and I SDC'd to a flight that puts me in only 38 minutes before departure. Same plane so no risk of misconnect but would prefer to sit up front.

Last edited by MichaelKade; Nov 30, 2012 at 8:46 am
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Was afraid of that. I'm doing a turn so I can hit DM before my next (much longer) trip. The outbound was delayed by nearly an hour and I SDC'd to a flight that puts me in only 38 minutes before departure. Same plane so no risk of misconnect but would prefer to sit up front.
Can you check in by phone? You're clearly within 24 hours.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sethb
Can you check in by phone? You're clearly within 24 hours.
Nope was on a plane. Tweeted but they said they couldn't do it because I was in flight. I'm 1 on the list though so hopefully someone no shows... Didn't make it in time for the first clearing.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:22 am
Original Poster

I got it! Thanks again for the replies and assistance from this soon-to-be DM!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This sounds like you were lucky. You're required to be checked in at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure time, more in certain airports or for international.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This sounds like you were lucky. You're required to be checked in at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure time, more in certain airports or for international.
Very lucky. Gate agent said he saw me and was waiting for me to check in but I didn't so he processed the list, understandably so!

And you're welcome. Even though your inbox is perpetually full. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.