Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Re-routed BE itin thru CUN - Looking for FB options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam

I believe I may have the least "boo hoo" thread in a while, but here goes... I've exhausted DL and currently, myself in trying to make this work.

I originally had ticketed J/BE from DUB-CDG-SEA (via CityJet/AF from DUB to CDG) on 12/20, and CDG-SEA is famously upgraded to the lie flat BE seats, yay me, it's why I booked this itin.

However, my return which was due SEA-CDG-DUB, same as it ever was on 01/02, was unceremoniously changed, by some horrible forces known as friends... They've convinced me to go SEA-ATL-CUN on 01/04 and CUN-ATL-DUB on 01/09... All of this, BTW, is awesome.

I have no arguments, obviously with my friends hijacking my itinerary as I was a willing participant. However, in my haste, I failed to realize that ATL-DUB is still riding the old 767-300ER jets, with the 2x2x2 style seats in BE (the whole itin is in F/BE)... So I called DL to try and change to any lie-flat options TATL, and she came up short-- with connection options thru CVG, MEM, MSP, JFK and ATL... to AMS and CDG for the most part. I trusted that she ran through the options exhaustively, because we made good friends (Chisholm ) over the past couple of hours... But I fear she and I missed a possible option for me to get TATL in a lie flat again... She said she even tried to route me back thru SEA but still no go...

Anyone know how to keep me in a 76* lie flat on the way back TATL? I'm OK with connecting on KL (even EI code share) or AF (CityJet most likely), or whatever the FT community dreams up... but at the moment, I feel like my CUN-ATL-DUB in the 753ER recliners may be as good as it gets upon my return to the Emerald Isle.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
To summarize:
Date: JAN 09 2013
Looking for: CAN-*-DUB connections in BE via Flat Bed TATL BE seating
Currently: CAN-ATL-DUB via old school 767-300ER Recliners
Options: anything, I'll be cracking Diamond 2 weeks prior with plenty of travel in 2013, so maximizing miles at the expense of time in the beginning of the year is A-OK
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
CUN-MEX-AMS/CDG-DUB

MEX - AMS on 747
MEX - CDG on 747 (avoid AM codeshare on 767-300)

or CUN-CDG-DUB, with CUN-CDG on 777-300ER?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by dgxoxo
CUN-MEX-AMS/CDG-DUB

MEX - AMS on 747
MEX - CDG on 747 (avoid AM codeshare on 767-300)

or CUN-CDG-DUB, with CUN-CDG on 777-300ER?
None of these are lie flats.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It might not be a legal routing, but most of the TATL non stops to LHR are the 767-400 with flat beds. You might look at CUN-ATL-MSP-LHR-AMS-DUB, but this is a lot of segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.