Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone else recieved a 10k promotion for switching to Energy Plus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else recieved a 10k promotion for switching to Energy Plus?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
Have you recieved a 10k promotion for switching to Energy Plus? Beware.

Got an email from Delta offering 10k SkyMiles for switching my electric supplier from ConEd to EnergyPlus.

Usually these kind of promotions are awarded after two billing cycles but beware that this particular promotions also requires a 12 month contract with EnergyPlus and a $100 early termination fee - if switching to another supplier.

Last edited by FreeBird2k; Nov 16, 2012 at 8:46 pm
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
The promo I received said I could get 10k (after 2 months) without a contract. But the natural gas price was not fixed without a contract. I signed up a vacant rental property that I own that I am remodeling for the next couple months. I specifically asked if the bonus would still be awarded with no contract or penalty if I canceled after 2+ months.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
I bit on one of these promos about 4 yrs ago. I switched back when I realized I was paying more on Energy Plus to the tune of four cents a kwh. They tried to offer putting me on a 'business' plan that was more competitively priced when I called to cancel but I was so irked I switched back to CL&P
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
mine was for natural gas... I know I am paying a few cents more per ccf, but the house is vacant, and when I rent it again in a couple months the service will be switched out of my name.

These third-party suppliers will raise the rates through the roof on you if you are not careful. Watch the contract end dates and either switch out or call and negotiate a new contract rate before the current term ends.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Steer clear. These guys are trouble.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 6:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This and the wine offer that we've also seen before reminds me of the Groundhog Day movie.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
We got an offer in the mail of 10K SkyMiles to switch to Georgia Natural Gas, and 1 SkyMile for every dollar paid on bills going forward.

Not an endorsement of offer/quality of service, simply adding to the OP's data points of miles offers for utilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.