Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Death Pool - what's their bet on you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Death Pool - what's their bet on you?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Question Delta Death Pool - what's their bet on you?

Like many others here, I'm a lifetime SkyClub member (formerly lifetime NW WorldClub member). The card in my wallet says "lifetime member" and all that.

Poking around the latest "My Delta" part of delta.com, I noticed they have a place in "My Wallet" where I can print out a temporary card if needed. However, the temporary card has a "Valid Through MM/YY" on the front, instead of "Lifetime Member" - where MM/YY is the December after I turn 108.

I think it rather cynical of Delta to bet against me making it to 109 and still wanting to go to the lounge for some Biscoff and cheese of questionable provenance.

Fellow lifetime members, how long does the "My Wallet" section of "My Delta" expect you to make it?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't have a lifetime lounge membership, mine or Delta's, but I do get a SC membership card by being DM. A month or so ago, I was surprised to receive a new card in the mail with an expiration date of summer 2014, long long before I reach 108.

Do you think DL knows something that I don't? Should I get my affairs in order or just spend my SkyMiles?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DanTravels
Like many others here, I'm a lifetime SkyClub member (formerly lifetime NW WorldClub member). The card in my wallet says "lifetime member" and all that.

Poking around the latest "My Delta" part of delta.com, I noticed they have a place in "My Wallet" where I can print out a temporary card if needed. However, the temporary card has a "Valid Through MM/YY" on the front, instead of "Lifetime Member" - where MM/YY is the December after I turn 108.

I think it rather cynical of Delta to bet against me making it to 109 and still wanting to go to the lounge for some Biscoff and cheese of questionable provenance.

Fellow lifetime members, how long does the "My Wallet" section of "My Delta" expect you to make it?
Your lifetime membership has been converted to "annual complimentary."

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Nov 13, 2012 at 7:02 am Reason: Had quoted wrong post originally
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't have a lifetime lounge membership, mine or Delta's, but I do get a SC membership card by being DM. A month or so ago, I was surprised to receive a new card in the mail with an expiration date of summer 2014, long long before I reach 108.

Do you think DL knows something that I don't? Should I get my affairs in order or just spend my SkyMiles?
Each year, a few months after I get my renewed Diamond card, I get a new SC membership card that is extended a year. It was explained to me that since I purchased a 3 year membership toward the end of NW and I'm getting a free membership each year, the Diamond expiration gets extended each year to account for the balance of the 3 year remaining when I first got the Diamond benefit.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mot29
Each year, a few months after I get my renewed Diamond card, I get a new SC membership card that is extended a year. It was explained to me that since I purchased a 3 year membership toward the end of NW and I'm getting a free membership each year, the Diamond expiration gets extended each year to account for the balance of the 3 year remaining when I first got the Diamond benefit.
I know that, but I never had a paid lounge membership, either with NW or DL, not annual and not lifetime. My expiration date--for the lounge membership, not me--should coincide with the DM program year as it did before, but DL mysteriously gave me almost five additional months. My current card expires at the end of February 2013, as it should.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
I think it rather cynical of Delta to bet against me making it to 109
That depends. How close to 109 are you?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: DL DM
Does anybody know what triggers an extension on the Skyclub membership expiration date? I haven't bought a membership and get mine via one of the Diamond benefits. My expiration date currently shows Nov 2016...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by cre95
Does anybody know what triggers an extension on the Skyclub membership expiration date? I haven't bought a membership and get mine via one of the Diamond benefits. My expiration date currently shows Nov 2016...
Maybe when you make Diamond each year they extend it for some amount of time (e.g. remainder of the year + 14 months)?

I just made Diamond for the first time, and it shows (IIRC) February 2014 expiration.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by RRDD
That depends. How close to 109 are you?
Now you have incentive to live to 109...to spite Delta.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: DL SM Diamond, AA Ex. Platinum, Ph.D in STFU
Congrats, they expect you to live 8 years longer than me. They have mine expiring on my 100th birthday.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:29 am

I bought a lifetime membership to an astronomy forum. They have recent revamped the site, and my lifetime membership expires in 2025. I am a bit scared.

Ha
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
All memberships (be they Skyclub, country club, or Ranger Rick Nature Club) expire on 12/12/12

Sorry.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
All memberships (be they Skyclub, country club, or Ranger Rick Nature Club) expire on 12/12/12

Sorry.
Appropriately, that was post #12.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Big_Dutch
Congrats, they expect you to live 8 years longer than me. They have mine expiring on my 100th birthday.
Maybe they used the same expiration year for all lifetime members and you're about eight years younger than the OP, so you'll be 100 in the year that the OP turns 108.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by sethb
Maybe when you make Diamond each year they extend it for some amount of time (e.g. remainder of the year + 14 months)?

I just made Diamond for the first time, and it shows (IIRC) February 2014 expiration.
I think you're correct. The first time I qualified for DM in 2010, my SC membership expiration (didn't have a previous SC membership) was set to the end of February 2012. In 2011, I re-qualified for DM in September and my SC membership was extended to mid-August 2013 (17.5 months). A couple of weeks ago, I re-qualified for DM and my SC membership was extended by 16 months and a few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.