Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Join us for an exclusive yacht and dining event

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec

Did anyone else get this email? I'm really thinking about going...

Dear Mr. Jonas36,

Join us for an unforgettable night on the water.

Delta and American Express invite you - a loyal Cardmember -
to an exclusive chartered yacht event on Friday, December 7, 2012
from 7 p.m. - 11 p.m.

Enjoy a tour of south Florida, including Las Olas and Pier 66 while aboard the Sun Dream Caprice, a 130-foot custom luxury yacht. The evening will include cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and a seated dinner.

You and a guest (two person maximum) can enjoy the event for $50 each.

It's our way of saying thank you for being a loyal Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember from American Express.

This event is closed to the public, and space is limited, so reserve your seat today. Your SkyMiles number will be required to make a reservation. You must show your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card to check in to the event.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
And if they don't sell out the tickets, beware of YEM (Yacht Event Monetization) where they sell walkup tickets for $10.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
"invite you" to buy a ticket
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
And if they don't sell out the tickets, beware of YEM (Yacht Event Monetization) where they sell walkup tickets for $10.
ROFL ^^^
Old Nov 9, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
"invite you" to buy a ticket
Welcome to the world of exclusivity. I was just "invited" by the American Bar Association to spend $2500 to become a "fellow" of the ABA Endowment which is a "high" honor.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, Amex:DL Reserve, National Emerald Executive, Everything for every hotel chain EVER.
If the boat does indeed leave the pier, im sure i could eat and drink $50 worth. So basically it would be a free tour :P

Dave
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by xjgper
If the boat does indeed leave the pier, im sure i could eat and drink $50 worth. So basically it would be a free tour :P

Dave
Be careful, the might try to steer you towards the Luxury Bar.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I'm close enough that I could have been 'invited'... but Amex probably doesn't like me, I pay my bill in full each month.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jonas36
Did anyone else get this email? I'm really thinking about going...
DL/AmEx offers these targeted deals from time to time in various cities. Some of them actually sound pretty nice. Never taken advantage of one myself but would consider it if the opportunity was there.

If you decide to try this out, please let us know. Curious minds wonder what these DL/AmEx 'DO' events are really like.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
YEM, LOL.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Similar event was run by AS for BoA cardholders (Most invited seemed to be elites) - hope we can get a report

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-9-2012-a.html
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by Traveller
I'm close enough that I could have been 'invited'... but Amex probably doesn't like me, I pay my bill in full each month.
As do I, but I was still invited

Anyway, looks like I missed it. Went in just now to register and it has been closed already.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat, national executive elite
http://sundreamyachts.com/florida_ya...ers_luxury.htm

Above is a link to the charter company.

I bet the offer has some disclaimer about attending a time share presentation or investment offer from Madoff.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL
I just got a similar invitation for a similar event here in Cincinnati. We decided to sign up for it. Includes valet parking and I assume gratuity. So I figure $50/person for a four hour event with cocktails and wine isn't a bad deal. Of course free is better, but it's like getting a Groupon for something a little more high end than Smashburger or the like.

Hello Cincycaddy,

Escape to Italy without leaving Cincinnati.

Delta and American Express invite you - a loyal Cardmember - to an exclusive private dining event at Nicola's on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 6 p.m.

The evening will include cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and a four-course meal with wine pairings, served up Northern Italian style. In addition, you'll see Chef de Cuisine Daniel Stoltz in action during a special crispy potato gnocchi demonstration.

You and a guest (two person maximum) can enjoy the event $50 each.

It's our way of saying thank you for being a loyal Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember from American Express.

This event is closed to the public, and space is limited, so reserve your seat today. Your SkyMiles number will be required to make a reservation. You also must show your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card at event check-in.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by Jonas36
... event ... December 7, 2012
If you go watch out for low flying aircraft

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.